Received assessors report, unhappy with comments and review date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received assessors report, unhappy with comments and review date

sandee55
sandee55 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• sandee55
    I have my pip assessors report . Looks like I have scored 6 for daily living and 4 for mobility which I know is not enough . Assessors comments aren’t helpful , a few lies and omissions, one of them being that I declined a physical exam when he said he wasn’t going to to ask me to anything that would cause pain and didn’t do one ! The thing that is puzzling me is that it has a review date of two years saying my functional restrictions will be present at review date ?
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sandee55 and a warm welcome to the community. Sorry we don't seem to have got back to you sooner.
    Not a benefits advisor, I can't make any comment on your question that would be of benefit to you, but what I can do is forward your post to those who will better understand. Consider that done :smile:
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • sandee55
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello sandee55

Unfortunately many claimants report that their medical assessment report is not always a true reflection of what was said and done at the medical examination. Many are left feeling frustrated and annoyed that they were not listened too and feel that the truth has not been told.

In regards to the review date of a condition. I am not really sure what relevance this has when PIP has been refused as the DWP would not call you back in 2 years to see if your are now entitled to benefit. 

I hope that you are challenging the PIP decision, and as you are probably aware the first stage is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration within 1 month of the date of the decision letter (though this time limit can be extended). 

Please post again if you need further assistance. 

Maria
    The Benefits Training Co:

• sandee55
    I haven’t got the decision letter yet , so may be jumping the gun . It’s the review date that’s puzzling me . I will let you know the outcome 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Yeah, @BenefitsTrainingCo , I got 0 points at my last PIP assessment. Review advised in 2 years. Huh?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    They very often put a review date on a decision letter regardless of whether there's an award or not. Basically what they're saying is they don't expect a change in your condition within this time.

The mostly go with the report, it's rare for them to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    They very often put a review date on a decision letter regardless of whether there's an award or not. Basically what they're saying is they don't expect a change in your condition within this time.

So if they don't expect a change in the condition within the next two years, would that affect any new claim being made in that time frame if an MR or appeal isn't made?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:

So if they don't expect a change in the condition within the next two years, would that affect any new claim being made in that time frame if an MR or appeal isn't made?
    Highly likely yes but why wouldn't someone ask for the MR then Tribunal if needed? With 70% of those appearing in person winning their Tribunals, it seems pointless to re-apply. If successful at Tribunal your money is backdated. If you re-apply you lose all the money from the previous time you've been waiting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.