Forgot to mention important things in assessment, what can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Forgot to mention important things in assessment, what can I do?

Options
shirley1961
shirley1961 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi i have a really bad memory from all prescription medication went to my f2f assment and forgot some really important things to tell them i could loose my carers if they dont have this information what can i do please thanks people

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @shirley1961 and a warm welcome to the community. Very good to have you with us.
    Not a benefits advisor, I can't answer your question directly, but I will forward your post to our benefits team and hopefully they will get back to you as quickly as possible.
    Here and listening,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello shirley1961

Was the f2f a medical assessment? If so, was the information that you forgot to tell the medical assessor on your  application form?  If so the assessor would have had sight of this form whilst drafting a report to the DWP. If it was not on your form and you feel that it is important and relevant information you can send a letter to the DWP giving this information.  You would however need to do this quickly as a decision maker generally decides a case within a few weeks of getting the f2f report.  

Sometimes a decision maker will contact you prior to making a decision, but this cannot be relied on and so as detailed above it maybe worth putting something in writing. Also, keep a copy of the letter you send. 

Good luck

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• shirley1961
    shirley1961 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    thanks for advice the f2f was a review of my pip claim i have been claiming for last 3 years i rang a dwp pip helpline and was able to add it now four weeks of anxiety waiting and wondering even tho i have copd and degenerative disc disease and various other health problems been told i could still loose it again thanks

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.