Hi, my name is MrB! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MrB!

Options
MrB
MrB Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My name is Steven, actually. I am happy to be disabled. I live in a flat in Redditch. I work for a disability communications company where I am the managing director. I have a 24 hour live - in carer. I am now paying for the council tax - £18p/month, due to the conservative government's  cuts to the disability living(which I think is mean and cruel of them). The BBC did not report about these cuts. 
Thanks for reading.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Steven @MrB and a warm welcome to the community. Very glad to have you with us and to read such a positive post. Kudos to you :smile:
    I think there are a lot of things the BBC (and commercial channels) do not report these days, and it's not very helpful. Unfortunately, when things do come to be reported it is often very late in the day to do anything about it. Doesn't matter if you're disabled, out of work, homeless, or anything else; this government just seems to have it 'in for' anybody who is not of their own caste.
    Good to meet you, Steven, and I'd be very interested to know more about the work you do.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @MrB!

Brightness