Urgently needing help for mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Urgently needing help for mandatory reconsideration

Options
risenivory98
risenivory98 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi everyone,
im new to this, hope you can help.

i currently suffer from sever depression and anxiety.
I am currently in the process of writing a letter to the pip, as I am currently under a mandatory reconsideration.
i received notes from my assessment meeting. A lot of it wasn’t true. It’s made me feel extremely overwelmed and depressed. Rather hurt if I am honest. A lot of the notes was words put into my mouth or lies. They haven’t even contacted my G.P. either.....

so I am writing a letter to help my pip claim. 
I was wondering if anyone has anything to help me with this letter. Any key points, I know a lot of people suffer from depression and anxiety, so this is me reaching out for help. 

Sorry this post is so long. Any comments or help would mean the world... thank you x

Comments

• wrinkly65
    wrinkly65 Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    HI  try not to despair.
    After finding this site I used their template letter( a great help) and general advice on Mandatory Reconsideration to help my son with his letter, he suffers from anxiety and depression which is as overwhelming as his fibromyalgia for which he had scored points. He did not have enough points first try for pip ,after MR essay he gained 12 points across board almost entirely as a result of his depression and anxiety and now gets standard for both care and mobility.
    do not mention lies etc keep calm- not easy i know, you do need to keep repeating yourself for each descriptor as to effects ,I used expression 'it has been overlooked ' every time. Also I used to be able to but no longer can and suffer great distress and get overwhelmed .
    Like many on this site his assessor and descision maker lied and ignored a lot.
    Doctor was not contacted etc.
    Try and get support letters esp. if see a counsellor/doc . Lastly wish you success xxx

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try to get f2f help from CAB or similar.

And Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to all stages of PIP.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

will generate a mandatory reconsideration letter.

PIP is awarded not for conditions themselves but for how your conditions affect your daily living and mobility.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi everyone,
    im new to this, hope you can help.

i currently suffer from sever depression and anxiety.
    I am currently in the process of writing a letter to the pip, as I am currently under a mandatory reconsideration.
    i received notes from my assessment meeting. A lot of it wasn’t true. It’s made me feel extremely overwelmed and depressed. Rather hurt if I am honest. A lot of the notes was words put into my mouth or lies. They haven’t even contacted my G.P. either.....

so I am writing a letter to help my pip claim. 
    I was wondering if anyone has anything to help me with this letter. Any key points, I know a lot of people suffer from depression and anxiety, so this is me reaching out for help. 

Sorry this post is so long. Any comments or help would mean the world... thank you x
    They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. You need to make sure that you send this in yourself to support your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    I'd join benefitsandwork.co.uk £20 for a year, fantastic guides on how to do everything, as well as condition-specific guides. Also, forum with extremely helpful mod.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Waylay said:
    I'd join benefitsandwork.co.uk £20 for a year, fantastic guides on how to do everything, as well as condition-specific guides. Also, forum with extremely helpful mod.

That is maybe a good idea, but you must also consider that many are on an extremely limited budget and £20 would be a fortune to them.

Besides which, personally, I don't agree with having to pay a fee in order to access a welfare benefit.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    @Yadnad Oh, I know. I had to borrow the £20. The guy who runs the site is disabled, so the money goes to pay for server time, electricity, etc.
  • Yadnad
    Options
    I mentioned about that company a few weeks back on here,
    It is not a charity, and it certainly is not a 'not for profit' organisation.
    In fact it is run to make a profit out of which the directors take a rather good income out of it. Additionally it is linked to many other companies.

Your £20 will go in someone's pocket  and be used to holiday in the likes of the  West Indies - thank you very much!

IF it was a registered charity or maybe a 'not for profit' organisation then I would reconsider my opinion.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    Stay calm. Many people have had the same issue where claimants Under Section one assume that the DWP and Capita or ATOs will gather further info from the clinicians you have listed in your original submission. This is definitely not the case. The wording is a bit cute and states MAY gather further info. In most cases they don't. Ask the DWP for all other submitted information that they gathered for your claim and you might get quite a shock. Keep asking and follow it up with an E Mail as they are obliged to send you it. Use this as the basis for your MR as well as other evidence that wasn't collected prior to the F2F. It might be worthwhile copying your MP in. Good luck. 
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Options
    Anyone can access the forum on B&W  without payment. No one is obliged to use the guides and I doubt if the person who runs it  has declared an off shore trust status yet..
  • Yadnad
    Options
    Ripples said:
    Anyone can access the forum on B&W  without payment. No one is obliged to use the guides and I doubt if the person who runs it  has declared an off shore trust status yet..

The suggestion was that you only get access IF you pay the company £20 a year

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.