Good or bad — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good or bad

miamia03
miamia03 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
went for pip assement last friday was onlyin for 20 mins max at end she said you should score points in both components and wld hear within four weeks not sure if this sounds positive or not x

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    points? but how many is the crux of the issue.

Get 7 and you get no award, get 8 and you are entitled to the standard rate.
    Get 12 and you have it the jackpot!!

Good luck
  • aaronw3440
    aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Just be prepared you most likely will be turned down first time as assessors lie all the time and claim you can do every single thing and 20mins max isn' enough time to go through everything the average assessment should take around 90mins and make sure you have doctors letters etc otherwise they'l only take the word of the non qualified lying assessors word for it
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Just be prepared you most likely will be turned down first time as assessors lie all the time and claim you can do every single thing and 20mins max isn' enough time to go through everything the average assessment should take around 90mins and make sure you have doctors letters etc otherwise they'l only take the word of the non qualified lying assessors word for it

90mins???? I've had three face to face assessments and none of then was longer than 45mins.
  • peterpete
    peterpete Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    The assessors never tell if u receive points or not that isn't there job criteria there only there to take accurate notes of what you say. As for each claim it depends on the report I hope you the best and pray you get a good result but don't be too quick to think you have won they do lie when your there to stop any violence or hostility 
  • leannemich
    leannemich Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    My assessment in October lasted around 25 mins, the one I had in March lasted 45-50 mins I think it just depends on the assessor. 
    Even though I got awarded enhanced both, whilst I was waiting I prepared for the worst because some of the assessors lie so much.

good luck, I hope you get what you’re hoping for :) x
  • markcumbria
    markcumbria Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    If you get turned down for pip do not appeal it because it will take to long only for them to turn you down again you are better off ringing back up to make a new claim I no a person who it happened to and lost the appeal but when the person made a new claim they were awarded high rate
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Not exactly true. I know it seems like everyone is refused but that's not true. Lots of people claim PIP for the first time successfully, we just don't hear of the good stories.
    There's no average assessment time and if there is, it's most certainly not 90 mins. My PIP assessments we 50 mins the first time and 10 mins the 2nd time. Someone i else i know personally was 1 hour 10 mins. All claims were successful.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @poppy123456

Well said.

My assessment went well, the assessor was an OT, who allowed my wife to support me, through out.

It took 60 minutes, which I would suggest is par for the course.

Millions of claimants are going through this process, DLA to PIP.

My advice, gather as much supporting evidence and seek welfare rights support, at the start.

At the assessment, explain in detail how your disabilities affect your daily living activitivties. Remember it is all about you, not your diagnosis, everyone is different.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.