Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
aaronw3440
aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
Asked for mandatory reconsideration and sent all evidence off which they received yesterday but rang today to find out if they actually had and its been scanned and apparently gone back to the assessors does that mean I've gotta go through the whole degrading assessment again as I'm freaking out as my severe anxiety is playing up 

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    No they will give to another DWP Assessor to look at the evidence again.
  • aaronw3440
    Options
    No they will give to another DWP Assessor to look at the evidence again.
    Thank God why has it been sent back to the assessors if a new decision maker looks at all the new evidence 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't know if it's routine to send MR requests to assessors or only in certain cases.
  • lindadenise
    Options
    To be honest i have never heard of the assessors looking at MR.
  • aaronw3440
    Options
    I never sent doctors or therapist letters with my original form as I couldn' afford it and the guideines tell you not to pay any fees for evidence as they'l get it which they never contact my GP or therapist for any evidence so had to run round to get doctors letters and therapist letters before they made a re decision
  • lindadenise
    Options
    Oh ok maybe they need to look at medical evidence again. I know they scan your paper work at the post handling site. Papers are then looked at again by dwp.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The decision maker at the DWP will have sent it to the assessing company to comment on. 
  • aaronw3440
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    The decision maker at the DWP will have sent it to the assessing company to comment on. 
    Why would they need capita to comment on it when they lied on their report 
  • Yadnad
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    Because Capita are said to be qualified disability analysts. They will interpret the evidence and either give the green light for the DWP to accept and make an award or they will stick to their guns and even with this additional evidence it doesn't change a thing.
  • aaronw3440
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    Yadnad said:
    Because Capita are said to be qualified disability analysts. They will interpret the evidence and either give the green light for the DWP to accept and make an award or they will stick to their guns and even with this additional evidence it doesn't change a thing.
    It's a pain when people like myself with severe anxiety and borerline personality disorder which is what I'm claiming for gets under any stress it makes it worse but suppose this whole reconsideration / appeal stage would be partially my own fault for listening to their guidelines of not paying for the evidence as they'll get it by contacting my therapist and doctor which they never did so had to when I put the mandatory reconsideration in writing which they got yesterday and sent off to the assessor as I rang on the 14th may and it was acknowledged but told them it be sending the evidence in when my therapist came back off annual leave and the two weeks it takes for my GP to write the letter even though it took an extra couple of days until my old GP signed it didn't ever think sit was this much hassle as I had a work capability assessment last September and it was much more straight forward
  • Yadnad
    Options
    I too followed the rules like you believing that the DWP would get the evidence if it helped make the right decision. What evidence I did have I made sure that it was not older than 24 months and didn't send anything in that they had already seen over the years.
    As a result in the past 5 years since I turned 65 in 2013 I have had 3 re-assessments (previously on DLA High Mobility & Care) and had three failures. The first two were increased to Enhanced Mobility & Care, but the third still stays at ZERO.
    I have given up and didn't bother to appeal - just couldn't cope. I feel better now that I am out of the system even though we are down about £200 a week and the Motability car is gone.
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    Options
    This is awfull i thought pip was for making our lives more independant and liveable i am about to send papers to tribunal but its taking me so long because the stress of it makes me more ill and isolated no wonder some people just give up
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Mannyb
    Mannyb Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I think that is why they refuse to awarded it so often, they know that not everyone will go through all the hassle of mandotary reconsideration and  appeal, it makes a person suffering from anxiety and depression worse and more likely to give up. I know It is making  me feel this way.
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    Options
    I have sent my papers for apeal and have spent the last few days sleeping the depression away, i got my complaint back from capita about my health asessor basically it supports the health asessor because of course she isnt going to admit she didnt ask me to do certain exercises and she is fully trained being a nurse for the nhs but little do they know that i worked for the nhs before i fell ill and she did not work with the core values of the nhs present, i am just sooooooo fed up with fighting and having to prove my disabilities, it just makes me focus on what i cant do and how ill i feel instead of making me feel optimistic about what treatment i can try next its a very unfair process   Hugs to all xx
    Hugz to everyone xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.