still waiting — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

still waiting

Options
SkyMary7
SkyMary7 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
hi my assessment for PIP which was at my home, not sure why was cancelled due to the worker being ill. I was told I would get a phone call with another appointment this was almost 2 weeks ago now. Do I ring and find out what is going on or wait. Also has anyone one been successful in getting it with Chari type1 and depression and anxiety. 

Comments

• janethague
    janethague Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    if your still getting paid your pip then wait for then to phone you 

• SkyMary7
    SkyMary7 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Options
    hi i haven't been awarded it yet the first meeting was cancelled and im waiting for another appointment x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have  a family friend who has similar. She works full time as head of business studies at the local grammar school. She had an op to reduce the pressure which has helped.
    Anyhow she tried claiming DLA about 7 years ago  but it was refused and tried for PIP last year which was also refused.

Go see the CAB and see if they can help
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd give it another couple of weeks before you contact them as there are backlogs for home assessments.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.