Got my f2f PIP Assessment date. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got my f2f PIP Assessment date.

Gaina
Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
Thankfully things seem to have moved quite quickly and I got my PIP assessment appointment and it's next week.  It's not at either of the two assessment centers closest to home but it's not much further in terms of travel time so I'm going to stick with that appointment and get it over with. ?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Gaina, don't forget to claim your travel costs, and if nessaray use a taxi, as when you use public transportation they know how far it is from train or nearest bus stops to accessment Center and when asked how you got here they will know or assume you are able to walk from train or bus stop to Center. Don't rush your answers if in doubt ask to be explained what they are asking. If your case is genuine and the acessor is honest you should do well but things do go,wrong before during and after the acessment which is out of your hands. Request a copy of your report about 14 days after acessment on receiving you will have an idea how your F2F has gone. Good luck.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Good luck .sometimes it's just nice too get it out the way. I'm still waiting for a home visit 4 months and counting lol 
  • Gaina
    wilko said:
    Hi Gaina, don't forget to claim your travel costs, and if nessaray use a taxi, as when you use public transportation they know how far it is from train or nearest bus stops to accessment Center and when asked how you got here they will know or assume you are able to walk from train or bus stop to Center. Don't rush your answers if in doubt ask to be explained what they are asking. If your case is genuine and the acessor is honest you should do well but things do go,wrong before during and after the acessment which is out of your hands. Request a copy of your report about 14 days after acessment on receiving you will have an idea how your F2F has gone. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. ? My Dad's dropping me off and my Mum's coming into the assessment with me.
  • Gaina
    Good luck .sometimes it's just nice too get it out the way. I'm still waiting for a home visit 4 months and counting lol 

Oh that's awful! Hope they get their finger out soon. :)
  • littleruthie123
    Thank you .let us no how you get on ☺
  • littleruthie123
    When can we ask  for the report please?.keep hearing conflicting advise thanks 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck, @Gaina

I phoned DWP the day after my assessment and it arrived 10 days later.  They send them out in the order they are requested so the sooner you ask the sooner you'll receive it.
  • littleruthie123
    Thanks for that good too no 
  • Gaina
    Thank you .let us no how you get on ☺
    Will
     do
    Will do! ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.