Fibromyalgia Treatment Advice. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia Treatment Advice.

ricky1040
ricky1040 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
Hey all,

For all the people out there who suffer from this illness i would like to ask.  Has anyone had any treatment of any kind that has greatly benefited and improved things. I am currently taking Maxitram 400mg Daily and Sertraline 150mg and Co Codamol 15/300 as needed as a top up.

It certainly numbs the pain but it still hurts like hell.  I have tried massage and water therapy and sleep aids.  And light exercise.  The exercise isnt an option now for other reasons and i try to be healthy eating and t total.  

But i guess im asking does anyone have any tips or methods thats helped them in any major way.

Cheers in Advance everyone.  I know so many pple are worse off and i have a good life but the pain is a **** and any help would be great!!

rick

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Simple answer from me is no, nothing has worked well not for me anyway. It's a case of learning to live with it in my opinion.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Heat helps me and soft materials. I use a microwave neck warmer for areas of pain which helps short term. Also using fluffy blanket or duvet to cocoon myself when it’s too much. Every little helps.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    As above.
    Sitting in the shower helps but how long can we do that. 
    I cant go out if its rained. Wet/cold my whole spine. Knees. Hips everything hurts 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I find sometimes wearing fingerless gloves helps my hands when they hurt
  • ricky1040
    i find a long hot bath helps me a bit. but when its a bad bad flare up i cant even do that. i know i prob just have to live with it but im only 32. i see everyone else doing the things i used to do and it kills me that i cant. but i have say i have the best family and friends and a good life but i just want more. you nneed ver know maybe there will be some wonder drug found or stem cell reaearch that can help us. im also partially sighted but i find i can cope with ut more than i can the fibromyalgia. 

how does your pain feel? mines like burning sensation and extreme pins and needles?
  • ricky1040
    also do you guys get it worse in the morning?? 
  • JEL
    JEL Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi I have had this rotten illness for a long time & like you have tried many things. AmitriptylIne has helped as it supposedly acts as a blanket on the nerve endings, according to my gp.
    I stopped taking ibuprofen last year for other reasons so decided to try a more natural approach. Reducing starch in my diet helps but isn't a cure & not much good on really bad days, although these don't seem so many now. 
    I truly hope you find something soon x

• littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Hiya sorry you have this awful chronic illness .mine resulted after alot of cancer treatment. I've tried pain injections,ketamine (that was intersting).absolutely everything .anatriptaline at 80 my at nite has helped a bit and zones me out too .taking 30 tablets a day and still have awful days .just coming out of a four day flare .have be able too do nothing !!.not nice at all .its one of the worst pains I've ever known .and have huge sympathy with anyone else who has it .so frustrating there isent better treatmentioned out there?..Epsom salts in very hot water can be helpful .hit water bottles .I also brought a heated throw which can help also .I think it's trail and error giid luck all xx
  • ricky1040
    im so sorry you had to go through this chum. mine started when i had a trauma to my head that left me partially sighted. they say major trauma can bring it out. 
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Yrs I think there's something in the shock too our nervous systems .it's a hard conditions.which too cope with as I no the pain is eminence  and the fatigue flooring!.I also have tried cbd oil tea etc .and the real thing lol.I pray they can get some better treatment for us .let me no if you find anything that helps .good luck 

Brightness