Points for discriptors ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Points for discriptors ?

zoob
zoob Community member Posts: 5 Connected
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello everyone my name is Mags I am new to this site,I have kindly been invited by the DWP to apply for PIP as my DLA award is due to end .please can any one advise me about the PIP descriptors..can you score more more than once for each activity? ie I have an adapted wet room with a padded free way camode shower chair an aid? But need assistance to wash all of my body due to balance numbness in lower part of body due and pain in my upper part of body any help in understanding this minefield will be very much appreciated thanks .

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome, @zoob

Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to claiming PIP including a draft diary that you can adapt.  It's a good idea to include a 7 day diary with your application.  List all the aids you use - in your application and in your diary.

Try to get some f2f help from CAB or similar.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    zoob said:
    hello everyone my name is Mags I am new to this site,I have kindly been invited by the DWP to apply for PIP as my DLA award is due to end .please can any one advise me about the PIP descriptors..can you score more more than once for each activity? ie I have an adapted wet room with a padded free way camode shower chair an aid? But need assistance to wash all of my body due to balance numbness in lower part of body due and pain in my upper part of body any help in understanding this minefield will be very much appreciated thanks .
    No, you can't score the points twice in any descriptor. Have you done the online PIP self test? It's just a guide to what you could score but it will give you some idea and give you a little more understanding on how those points are scored.
    Complete the test here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @zoob!

As well as the above, you may also find this Citizens Advice guidance on filling in the PIP form helpful. All the best for your application, and do come back to us with any further questions.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.