Question please? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question please?

Shlbly
Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
when DWP are phoned for a change of circumstances form for PIP and they send you the 37 page how your disability affects you form?
Not sure I can do this all again, have just lost an appeal in March this year!

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, mate, sorry but that's the way to the system works I had to,do the same last November I had an expected result as my mobility had worsened so let DWP know and filled in a new PIP form had f2f and received enhanced mobility as I expected. If your case is genuine then get your evidence to back up your claim. Good luck.
  • Shlbly
    edited June 2018
    You should have appealed the appeal further rather than abandoning it and then going for a new claim. There’s no way around completing a PIP 2. However, if you complete it a second time why would you expect a different outcome? What you actually need is face to face advice and some assistance with the form filling.
    I couldn’t appeal to the upper tribunal, reasons being:
    1. Lack of full disclosure and relevant information on pip application is missing, when form filled in by a DWP VO.
    2. M.R. Notes made by DWP over phone has missing information.
    3. SSCS1 appeal paperwork-not enough of an appeal reasons were mentioned.
    4. No support for going through court bundle and notes being made.
    5. Advised for paper hearing, when should of been oral.
  • Shlbly
    None of 1 or 2 would obviously impact an application to the UT. I’m not sure what 3 means. 4 is a biggie when it comes to udebtufying errors if law. 5 is bad advice in most cases but again wouldn’t impact. 
    Well I’m going round in circles it feels with all this and it’s making my health worse, it has completely taken over my life now.
  • Shlbly
    Face to face advice is what you need at this point.
    That list was from face to face advice, two hours then four hours, waiting on another appointment to fill out form, mp, Councillor, doctor, therapist, mental health team all on side, just doesn’t seem enough.
  • shirleyt214
    shirleyt214 Community member Posts: 14 Courageous
    Do you have a Citizen's Advice Shop near you? I've always got them to fill out my forms and they are really good.
    Shirley Todd
  • Shlbly
    Do you have a Citizen's Advice Shop near you? I've always got them to fill out my forms and they are really good.
    CAB are helping me with complaint re assessor, DDIC are doing form when I can get an appointment, everyone is so busy! 

Brightness