Home visit chapter 2,4500000000000 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit chapter 2,4500000000000

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
Sooooo had a call from my local m.p about home visit !.she spoke too capita and they said .if I can have a support worker/career present with me at home for home visit .great but!!!havent got a support worker as such ,have asked social worker but don't feel confident she can do it .inbetween mental health worker ,as my allocated lady is in a surgery too far away .but I'm at the top of the list for my area !!.so I'm still being held too ransom .any thoughts please .p.s apparently something I've put in the form,makes the assessed need someone here!.i said I get upset I'm not a loony ,well almost yet!

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you got to have a health professional with you for the acessment or can a trusted friend be accepted? They must have a just reason for requesting another qualified health professional present for your acessment, maybe they have encountered problems with other home visits and want to have all situations covered. Going by your title I thought we where in for a WAR and PEACE episode. 
  • littleruthie123
    Haha almost .i could definitely get a friend ,but I don't think they would allow that .i said I get upset and frustrated but nothing sinister lol.yes I don't really understand there reasoning.and they never give you a straight answer ...I have a male friend who was a career for his wife .whi Sadleyx passed away last year .and he's very supportive friend .hes a career for his mum now .but definetly not a professional 
  • littleruthie123
    I did mention in my form I haven't actually got a career at the moment .it feels like there trying too be clever .but not sure .ive had a care plan done but couldent afford the cost viscous circle again 
  • littleruthie123
    I'm sure I saw a similar post from a young lady .who was told similar .are you there??
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    To be honest I have never heard of this before other than if the claimant can have violent outbursts - its a question of managing risks.
    But normally you can have anybody with you although I have had 3 face to face assessments and was given to understand that there was no need to have anybody with you - it's not as though they are able to do the talking for you.
  • littleruthie123
    Yes  it dosent make sense. Like you say it's just someone sitting there ......I'm pretty sure I'm not down as violent .I've a few good friends who woukd I'm sure ..what health professionals woukd sit in your house; they even said welfare rights person. Pretty sure they wouldent either  feel like I'm in a corner again ?
  • littleruthie123
    First they won't acknowledge my mental health .then now trying too use it against me .my son's 19 can't see why he couldent do it 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • littleruthie123
    Thank you I never thought of this .I will look intoo it tomorrow. I need too pester mental health team. Theve never around when I need them .
  • littleruthie123
    Rang them again ,they did say it could be anyone that supports me now!!!!!!.so I've given my older sons name and number .hace too ring back tommorow .changes every time you ring .guy sounded clueless .so everything crossed!!!!!!.still not feeling confident  
  • littleruthie123
    They sound great @Victoriad.dosent seem too be a similar in England though Nittingham .
  • [Deleted User]
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    It might be something really simple.
    If the assessor is male and you are female. That might be why. 
    Nothing sinister. It comes down to that vulnerable person situation. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • littleruthie123
    I'm hoping they accept my older son now .if not will look intoo this .social worker says they can't really do it .she sent my care plan too me thougj so hopefully that can help .thanks for your replies .
  • [Deleted User]
  • Yadnad
    edited June 2018
    Victoriad said:
    An advocate is impartial too.
    They write a report at the end of the meeting they attended with you which is helpful evidence should something go amiss during your visit.

Do they? I had one, well my wife had one who was utterly hopeless. I have mentioned before that I went to my wife's Attendance Allowance Tribunal appeal and as she could not go (due to health issues) I was advised to get an advocate for her. The individual duly attended the hearing with me and said nothing, I was questioned on behalf of my wife and the whole thing collapsed in chaos. At the end she walked out, said nothing to me and from that day to now have never heard anything from her.
    [link removed by moderator]
  • littleruthie123
    Oh no how awful. 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    That's horrendous, @Yadnad! Hope she wasn't charging you?!
  • Yadnad
    No there was no charge involved which was a shame. I would have had my day in County Court as there was no way would I have paid their fees.
  • littleruthie123
    That's awful why do people take on jobs like that if they have a problem doing it .very bad luck there 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.