New here — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New here

Waffel
Waffel Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I've suffered from lower back pain for more than 30 years. I have two protruding discs in the lower 4th and 5th discs. I have managed to keep working with occasional time off work, some periods more than 6 months. Over the last 8 - 10 years things have gotten progressively worse. I now struggle to keep working as my ability to work any distance is impaired by pain. My Dr just seems to give me more tablets to control the pain. I'm at the point where nothing works anymore. 
It's changed the person who I am as I can no longer participate in activities and family holidays due to my mobility. Work are not very helpful even though I work for the NHS. Management have terminated other staff on health grounds. I just can't seem to find anyone who is willing to listen or help. As for being depressed, although I hate to admit it I probably am.
Any idea where to go from here as I haven't got a clue

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Waffel, welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry to hear about your situation- worrying about work is the last thing you need whilst managing your condition. I'm guessing you've already tried discussing reasonable adjustments with your employer?

Hopefully our community members will be in touch to show their support, and we also have an ask an employment advisor category you may like to check out. Please do keep us updated and we'll assist where we can.

Brightness