Anyone Keep a mood book/ scrapbook ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone Keep a mood book/ scrapbook ?

whistles
whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
I started to after spring some really lovely ideas out there that others had done.
I don't use it a lot but it's getting filled in with what's rummaging around in there.
Then I can move on.

I thought it was just for kids. But why should it be. Any form of communication can be creative.  :)
Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @whistles Excellent ideas . I use music have favourite CD's on standby near to me. Select favourite tracks and away we go.

Lifts moods. Have this from support worker who suggested ideas . Coping box those down depressed days have your favourite things or memories. Either written or pictorial.

Hope that helps

@thespiceman  
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Good ideas as well. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • cbear1
    cbear1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I write a daily update on my tablet for my own use sometimes it's lots others it's little, it helps me express how I'm feeling that day, before I used to just bottle it up it's great thearap.
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    my friend does scrap booking and some of the stuff she posts is amazing, she recently done one on fairies, she had lots of old cards she had cut up throughout it and plants and when she had put it together I was really amazed, are you doing anything in particular?
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • cbear1
    No it's more of how I'm feeling each day what the weather is so I can see how it effects me and things iveI done so I can learn my limits, I have a habit of overdoing stuff and ending up in lot's of pain.
  • fishingmum
    thats a good idea, plus it is expressive and creative, minds need creativity hope you can find plenty to scrap book with, is it expensive for you or do you find ways to do it without it costing to much?
  • cbear1
    No I simply write down my thoughts and feelings on a day to day basis how about you, what do you do
  • fishingmum
    I knit, fish, make candles, make soaps, garden, find things to make and build with my son, I make night lights and lanterns, I cook for family and friends who find it difficult to do for them selves. My son  has a lot of health issues and disabilities, so I do what I can, and when I have extra time I post some things on here that might help others. Keep writing, it is good for you, maybe you will add to it like your own drawings, or as a friend  of mine does cut outs from magazines that make her smile. keep well @cbear1
  • vysvader
    vysvader Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    edited November 2018
    Nope : ) I tried to write a diary once when I was 10 years old. My mother sniffed in my room (it was very well hidden between mattresses), found it, and read it. Then, she **** me off for that diary and tore it out (on very small pieces) and said me that I saw, thought, and felt something else (she said what and I was very surprised), instead. Complicated with a stepfamily : ))) (because it's not a family at all). 

Best regards
    You can feel free to get in touch 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Whatever’s working for you @cbear1

Brightness