Work capability assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work capability assessment

Options
boydie82
boydie82 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited June 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi
hopefully this will make sense and appreciate any advice anyone can give. 
I recieved decision yesterday that i have limited capability to work. It says I don't have to look for work or provide sick notes but meet with work coach with view to working in future. I have asked for copy of health assessors report and written explanation from the decision maker. Told report from assessor will be posted out.  This morn I had note in journal telling me DM agreed with health assessor therefore DM dosent actually write a decision do there was is no written decision to give me. Is this correct as I would have thought the DM would have to give some sort of explanation. 

Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, i would say it's not correct. You should have a decision letter because if you don't agree with the decision you'll need to ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration. Even though they do mostly agree with the assessment report.

Limited Capability for work is ESA equivalent of WRAG. If you applied for UC before April 2017 then there will be no extra payments available to you.

If you disagree with the decision and think she should have been awarded LCWRA (limited capability for work related activity) same as support group ESA, then you'll need to ask for the MR. You have 28 days in which to request this. You need to decide which descriptor you think will apply to your for the LCWRA and base your letter of request on this. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • boydie82
    Options
    Hi poppy thank you for your reply. What you have said is exactly what I put in my journal stating that I am aware mandatory reconsideration will need to be submitted but to do this I think i need written explanation from the decision maker regardless if they send me report from health assessor as it is constently pointed out it's the DM who makes the decision not the health assessor.

thank you again ❤️
  • aaronw3440
    aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You won't get any extra unless you're in the support group which you're not as you've still gotta meet with the work coach which means you've got to do skills and training , unpaid work experience, still look through the job sites,  update your c.v abd still note everything youre doing to prepare for work only thing you dont have to do is actually apply for jobs prepare for work group means you are expected to make a full recovery to be able to go back to work at some point and you'll be reviewed in a year and you do get the decision through the post along with your new claimant commitment  I had a WCA last September and got put in the same group which is called the prepare for work group where you've still got meet your work coach the support group means you don't have to do a single thing and UC are reluctant to send a copy of the assessors report I asked and it never got sent 
  • boydie82
    Options
    Hi Arron 

Thank you for your reply. Can I ask did u submit mandatory reconsideration letter to disagree with the decision u recieved ? X

thanks 
  • aaronw3440
    aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    boydie82 said:
    Hi Arron 

Thank you for your reply. Can I ask did u submit mandatory reconsideration letter to disagree with the decision u recieved ? X

thanks 
    I didn't for the WCA as I didn't get sent the report even though I kept ringing and asking for it so I couldn't agree or disagree with the decision I just got a letter telling me I don't need to send sick notes in as theyve deemed me as limited capability for work and that I was placed in the prepare for work group and will be reviewed in a year but that could be down to not having any supporting evidence after being signed off sick for two months early  last year and took two or three months to get the assessment letter 
  • boydie82
    Options
    Hi sorry to hear that Arron. UC certainly makes nothing easy. I will keep on at UC for report.

thankjs

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.