Supposed to have a home visit from Capita, no one showed up — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Supposed to have a home visit from Capita, no one showed up

marie21
marie21 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Supposed to have had home visit from capita but they never turned up. After two letters from them confirming date time place and stating if didn't have meeting my benefit will stop. How many other people has this happened to and was your benefit stopped ?

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    If its there fault they won't stop benefit 
  • marie21
    Ha ha they say they couldn't find property ?? And even called me ?? No they did neither I live in a city on Google. No one else has problem finding the property . My phone never rang if it did and never got to it in time it goes to ansa machine. I got camera that cover the street too. That's why they looking into it as that's what the capita report says happened someone telling porkies me thinks. 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @markyboy Oh dear. You haven't gotten jaded yet. They may well stop the benefit - they have with many others.
  • marie21
    Because of their incompetence ?? or because I have complained?? I have this all recorded with an Advice Centre so this will be interesting. 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @marie21 I was responding to @markyboy, no worries. Since you have proof, I wouldn't worry.
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Yeah. I got my 3rd rejection letter yesterday saying i never sent the letter in on time but i did send it on time, they do what they want. Why isn't anyone doing anything about this? I don't mean about my personal situation i mean about all this stuff, they've been lying for years and still it continues.

• marie21
    Always get proof of posting any letter to anyone that is important, you get this from this post office does not cost anything.
    Warning though, as receipts can fade take a photo of it when get it and print it off , or file it away on a labled memory stick for when needed. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    marie21 said:
    Always get proof of posting any letter to anyone that is important, you get this from this post office does not cost anything.
    Warning though, as receipts can fade take a photo of it when get it and print it off , or file it away on a labled memory stick for when needed. 
    Proof of posting doesn't wash with the DWP.

Their rules are that the document has to arrive no later than the date that they set.
    Proving that you posted something does not mean that it will arrive. The DWP have in the past told me when I had proof but it was never received to take the matter up with the Post Office! 
  • marie21
    Sure in court of law it would stand up. Regardless the dwp, capita send out automated letters after a certain time if dealing with a claim. I had one saying not received my claim. I too panicking looked out my proof posting low and behold I then get letter re home visit.. proof they had received it. It seems DWP like so many others involved waste a lot of money in postage, paper  sending out mail because of incompetence throughout their own departments. 
  • marie21
    Bit of a Rant!!!  You know what really gets get me its the people who have paid into the system along with our employers. It is not Government money it is our money which the Government earn high interest on. Millions have gone unclaimed over the years, also  millions  of people have sadly died before claiming any benefits or pensions, all that money still there earning interest. 
     It does not end there as we are also taxed on benefits.

The most common benefits that you pay Income Tax on are: 

State Pension, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Carer’s Allowance.

Allowance. and Support Allowance (contribution based).Incapacity Benefit (from the 29th week you get it).

Bereavement Allowance , pensions paid by the Industrial Death Benefit scheme, Widowed Parent’s Allowance ,Widow’s pension.

Not widely broadcasted though is it,  so those ardunt haters of people claiming benefits have no idea until they unfortunately happen to find themselves in the system. Which I am afraid to say eventually every one does. 

So for me this new system being used by the DWP to save 'Government' money hitting the disabled through the new PIPs  system is totally unlawful in all aspects. Many of the claimants have already gone through rigorous paperwork, drs examinations, including DWP testing and the DWP independant Drs examinations before they even got their entitlement to DLA. But now all of a sudden thousands of them not entitled to their DLA under the PIPs system???

Rant  over ? 

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    marie21 said:
    Sure in court of law it would stand up. Regardless the dwp, capita send out automated letters after a certain time if dealing with a claim. I had one saying not received my claim. I too panicking looked out my proof posting low and behold I then get letter re home visit.. proof they had received it. It seems DWP like so many others involved waste a lot of money in postage, paper  sending out mail because of incompetence throughout their own departments. 
    My letter was telling the DWP that they would have to wait  back in 2011 for some information they said they wanted.. Because I was out of time (more than the 30 days past the deadline when I eventually got in touch with them they had closed the claim (Guaranteed Pension Credit) and told me to start a new claim.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    I always either signed for, if I have plenty time or special delivery which is next day. These cost up to £6-£7 but for my peace of mind it’s absolutely worth the money.The DWP can’t say they didn’t get it in time, signature and dated
  • marie21
    Agree with you but some people just cannot spare that amount of money. It should actually be free postage to be honest and tracking through post office proof of posting acceptable one can always take picture of it being posted in sack by post office clerk. Do not know where legality is on that one though.

Brightness