Tribunal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
2»

Comments

• ljenk
    ljenk Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Options
    Do you think I’ll be ok?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @ljenk

If you haven't heard from DWP within 28 days then it's too late for them to ask for a statement of reasons (SOR) so phone them and ask when you can expect your award letter and money.  DWP didn't ask for an SOR in my case.

If DWP aren't going to ask for an SOR, the earliest you are likely to get your award letter is three weeks from date of appeal hearing.

• ljenk
    Options
    What do you think the chances are? I suffer with massive anxiety so now after a year of worrying about the tribunal I’m now worrying about this 
    I’ve seen a couple of posts that people seem to get the SOR within a week of tribunal hearing 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If they are going for SOR you'll probably hear soon - but they do have up to 28 days.  If they do ask for SOR, it's unlikely they'll appeal to an upper tribunal.
  • ljenk
    Options
    Thank you. Just been looking it up as it has to be an error of law and the papers from tribunal give statements and said they were satisfied (majority) and also based on a lot of medical evidence - my doctor went through the pip papers giving reasons whrrr he said they had underestimated 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.