Help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help please

Options
miamia03
miamia03 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
today i found out i was awarded srandard rate daily living now im confused as i beleive we will be entitled to a basic premium on our income support but my daughter in law is going to claim carer allowance for me does this mean i will loss tje basic premium thankyou

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,185 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yes you will be entitled to this premium on top of your Income Support. Before you daughter claims Carers Allowance for you, do you live alone (no other adults live with you) If you do then there's another premium you'll be entitled to called Severe disability premium (SDP) providing no one claims Carers Allowance for you.  If you don't live alone, then you won't be able to claim this, unless the adult you live with also claims a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care.

If none of that applies then yes your daughter can claim CA for looking after you. She must look after you for at least 35 hours per week, not earn more than £120 per week and not be in full time education.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • miamia03
    Options
    I live with my husband who claims carers for our son x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,185 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Then if your daughter looks after you for at least 35 hours per week and earns less than £120 per week, is not a full time student then she can claim CA for looking after you. You will still get the disability premium on top of the IS.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • miamia03
    Options
    Thanks for all your help poppy x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.