health care professional — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

health care professional

Charge
Charge Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i had my appointmemt in Watford for my pip consultation.  I asked for home visit but was refused.  On the question how far can you walk`i had ticked less twenty metres.  But on statement she had typed I can walk between 20 - 50 metres. this lost me 2 points and as a result have lost my disabillty car. I have had my mandatory reconsideration. which the up held the discion. unfortunstley i didnt notice this problem about how far i can walk so didnt mention it then. Does anyone know if i can get it looked at again with out going tp appeal which can take a long time                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    I would not think so but you can try 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Charge, sorry for your situation, this is a lesson for those claiming PIP,don't give the acessor a chance to discredit your claim by asumeing and amending your answers.  Give them an inch and they will take a mile. That's one reason to get a copy of your acessment report which usually arrives before your award letter so you see what your award may or will be and if not what you expected you can start to prepare for an appeal or MR.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Charge said:
    i had my appointmemt in Watford for my pip consultation.  I asked for home visit but was refused.  On the question how far can you walk`i had ticked less twenty metres.  But on statement she had typed I can walk between 20 - 50 metres. this lost me 2 points and as a result have lost my disabillty car. I have had my mandatory reconsideration. which the up held the discion. unfortunstley i didnt notice this problem about how far i can walk so didnt mention it then. Does anyone know if i can get it looked at again with out going tp appeal which can take a long time                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
    Unlikely. The next step is to take it to a Tribunal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.