Dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to pip

Options
sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
No health changes 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi sam12, please be aware that the criteria for the two benefits DLA and Pip are totally different from each other. Whereas DLA focused on your disability Pip is centered around your ability to look after yourself and manage and cope doing routine tasks and secondly your mobility. Take a self test and see how many points you could be awarded. Please be honest with yourself doing the test and when you fill in your Pip application form as the answers you submit will have to be justified at your face to face acessment. 
  • sam12
    Options
    I already know this. I kept being rushied by the nurse I know I not said every thing I need to .I never had a problem with Dla same things i have serious mental health issues worsened. I kant manage daily tasks 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    @sam12 I have MH issue too, but I sent loads of functional facts and physiatrist and diagnosis evidence stating clearly the issues I face I've been under the MH team for over 4 years and they sorted mine for me and stopped the home visit by getting onto Capita. I do also have physical conditions too.

As also stated DLA is so different to PIP. It's a shame you diden't get help.

Don't let them win fight it I know it's hard but don't give in.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @sam12 I have MH issue too, but I sent loads of functional facts and physiatrist and diagnosis evidence stating clearly the issues I face I've been under the MH team for over 4 years and they sorted mine for me and stopped the home visit by getting onto Capita. I do also have physical conditions too.

As also stated DLA is so different to PIP. It's a shame you diden't get help.

Don't let them win fight it I know it's hard but don't give in.
    With regards to MH issues I look back at what help was there then and what help there is now.
    Unfortunately with the cuts to services over the years, I experienced the age old argument that all mental health facilities must now close but don't worry care in the community will take over - absolute rubbish, it never happened.

Thankfully when my condition was beyond serious I had all manner of professionals coming out of the woodwork for me. I started with the services in 1995 in a purpose built mental health day service unit - it was my second home until about 10 years ago. 

Following the closure and the lack of beds in the secure psychiatric units I was left on my own. I ended up medicating myself with large quantities of alcohol together with prescribed medication including Lithium. There was no help to re-secure my DLA award (the DWP shut the claim down in 2004 as a result of not completing the review form whilst in hospital for many months). Basically I realised that no one actually cared about me and it took until 2011 before I had the strength to deal with the DLA situation.

Even today there is no help available anywhere so I have had to struggle on my own. In fact PIP has been a nightmare so much so that I have given up any hope of a reasonable and fair award without having to continually fight for one.

So to suggest that help should have been sought is probably a good suggestion, the reality of it is that there is very little if any help be it from the Mental Health services or Welfare agencies.

• sam12
    Options
    I been under my 1986 am now 47 mine very serious ones everything am.worry. the pip nurse said to me if u don't like life why u still here what stopping u from going 
  • sam12
    Options
    Yeah they don't care about me to .even been sectioned in past over 40 ods
  • sam12
    Options
    U should of done dla form urself it's easy I win mine
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    sam12 said:
    U should of done dla form urself it's easy I win mine
    DLA no longer exists unless you are under 16 or over 70.
  • sam12
    Options
    I know it gone am still on it til my pip comes through .I said should of got Dla ages ago read properly..did u get pip

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.