What's the strangest food combination you like? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's the strangest food combination you like?

2»

Comments

• EstherB
    EstherB Community member Posts: 16 Pioneering
    Jelly beetroot and fresh cream

Ice cream and salted peanuts yummy
  • ayjay
    ayjay Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    I don't consider this a strange combination, but I've not seen anyone else eat it.

Sliced hard-boiled egg, sliced tomatoes, Kalamata olives and Anchovies in a sandwich.

I'm also partial to a Bacon sandwich with blue cheese in it. Three or four streaky rashers cooked until crispy, two/three back rashers, lashings of butter on one slice and some soft blue cheese on the other, finish off with some freshly ground black pepper. If the butter's not running down your chin and your arm when you eat it you didn't use enough.

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Nothing by the looks of the above.
    Though given half a chance I will add brown sauce to a roast.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    @ayjayI love putting brie on bacon sandwiches, it seems to be a match made in heaven bacon and cheese :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • FionaAgnew
    FionaAgnew Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Peanut butter goes with everything. I was dared to eat a peanut butter and beetroot sandwich when I was 4 and it's still my favourite. Also tried it with mustard too. A friend of mine used to sip pickled gherkins in her chocolate ice cream
  • FionaAgnew
    FionaAgnew Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @thespiceman Elvis dipped his peanut butter and banana sandwich in egg first, a bit like French toast, then fried it. I also had a peanut butter, banana and bacon toasty. It was amazing
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @FionaAgnew   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Like all Americana food especially watching Dining Drive In's Dives on Food net work channel great ideas and most of all does and look good.

Use lot of the ideas and tips and tricks myself. Hence a lot of the posts I write.

Went to a lot of these Americana Diners set up in this country.  All I can say is wow what a dining experience.

Lot different to our British Establishments put them to shame really.

Like the customer service. The menu like a book .  Lots of choice and the politeness and kindness.

Worth a look. Remember Happy Days all like that. Including Roller skates if I recall.

Lovely to meet you

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness