After assessment - DLA To Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

After assessment - DLA To Pip

stringofpearls
stringofpearls Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, just looking for any advice, my husband had a lifetime award for DLA, and in December 17 we received a DLA - to Pip letter. The application form came in late January, took nearly 3 weeks to arrive, it went back in the time scale to them. We heard nothing until late April when a letter from Capita came saying they would be in touch. About 3 and half weeks ago we had a letter with a home assessment date on, and a lady came to see my husband she said she was a nurse. When she came in said she didn't know why she was here but had to do the interview, so she got on with a few questions, she was here I would say 25 minutes at the most. My husband cannot stand without help or walk, but she asked for him to stand and lift up a leg which he can hardly do, she didn't want to look around or to see the medications, or adaptions. She said it would be about 6 weeks when we hear something, just wondered if these are normal timescales and what happened during her visit here etc, is normal practice. I must admit had very few nights of sleep since January as I am on my own coping alone with my husband. Thank you.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Assessments do vary in their length and level of competence.  You can't really predict the outcome from the way the assessment was conducted.

If the award is not what you expect, phone DWP and ask for a copy of the assessor's report.  And write to DWP for a mandatory reconsideration (MR).

advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool will generate a mandatory reconsideration letter.

Hope that the award is what you expect?.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 43 Listener
    What sort questions did she ask ? 
  • stringofpearls
    stringofpearls Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Matilda said:
    Assessments do vary in their length and level of competence.  You can't really predict the outcome from the way the assessment was conducted.

If the award is not what you expect, phone DWP and ask for a copy of the assessor's report.  And write to DWP for a mandatory reconsideration (MR).

advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool will generate a mandatory reconsideration letter.

Hope that the award is what you expect?.

Thank you, yes, got the award last week. All done now.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like it was the award you wanted.
  • Jaytbm1
    Jaytbm1 Community member Posts: 72 Pioneering
    Glad you are sorted out , it is a worry . 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.