Motability — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Motability

Tigermoth42
Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
Hi all, just wanted to share some good news for once! I lost my motability car, it’s due back today, but managed to find a secondhand one at the weekend that’ll get me to appointments etc. However, I don’t get it until Thursday so I phoned motability and they’ve extended my lease by a week so I’m not going to be housebound for those four days. If I could, I’d jump for joy! 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Really pleased for you, @Tigermoth42
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done you, no jumping for joy or we'll take your car away. Lol enjoy drive carefully.
  • Lorry
    Lorry Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Did you have to go to tribunal to get your car back ? if so how long was your wait please...I have been waiting for 6 or 7 months..

• Tigermoth42
    Hi @Lorry, I’ve had to buy this one as I lost my motability car, I’m in the process of going through the tribunal. Just waiting on a date but I won’t hold my breath for anything soon! 6 to 7 months seems to be the norm from what I’ve heard. Can you call them to find what’s happening? Do keep me posted. 
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @wilko, chuckling at your comment, thank you for your kind words  :)
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @Matilda thank you so much my lovely x
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Yipee! You win at life ☺

I also am cheerful because of motobility as I'm off out to appointment  errand etc in my motobility wheelchair. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
     Hello my friend @Tigermoth42 How are you ? Congratulations for the purchase of a car. Hope you enjoy the experience.

Great news Motability helping out an extension that is good.

Even so you had to buy a car at your own expense and I am sorry about that.

All I can say take care driving and wish you well.

Take care

Your friend 

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi my lovely friend @thespiceman, how are things with you? Thank you for your lovely message, I’ve had a couple of drives in my ‘new’ car with the roof off which is so much fun. There’s little to enjoy these days with my pain but that did put a smile on my face. A great friend of my husband gave us the money to buy it, it’s a little black Peugeot 207cc (hard top convertible) with an orangey tan leather interior (that matches my dog ?) and only 30,000 miles on the clock, not bad for a ten year old car! Took my motability Volvo back yesterday, rather a sad experience, whilst there the salesman said that, if I get my pip reinstated and decide to get another motability car, motability are offering a fully loaded V40 for only £199 deposit. So, the dwp take your benefit off you but motability offer you great deals that you can’t take advantage of, you couldn’t make it up! The guys at the place where we bought the replacement car said they’re getting around 5/6 people a week coming in to them who have lost the mobility component of pip. I hope you have a good day, hugs, Gail 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @speedysloth   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what has happened.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please may I suggest you contact the scheme providers.

They will be able to tell you what happens.

You can contact their customer service team on 

0300 456 4566

Please if we can help with anything else please get in touch.
    Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness