PIP Assessment report request. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment report request.

Gaina
Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello All. ?

I've just been reading the PIP Assessment leaflet in preparation for tomorrow, and it says you can only request a copy of the assessment report AFTER the DWP have written to you with their decison.  Mine will be with what was Atos so I wonder if that makes a difference? I had planned to ring up and ask for a copy on  Monday as the assessment itself is so close to the weekend.

Any thoughts on this much appreciated. ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Don't do anything waste of time after your assessement they will have told all lies about you and you will get o points then you have to tell them you want it looked at because you don't agree with the decision which they will then they don't change the decision then you have to go to the tribunal takes months 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    It is nonsense that you cannot request the assessment report until after the decision, unless you live in Northern Ireland.  Elsewhere, they'll send report before decision.

I phoned DWP the day after my assessment and the report arrived with me10 days later.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    That's right Matilda, I have requested my acessment reports twice and each came about 10 days after requesting the last one took three calls but still arrived before the award letter, and in both cases I was awarded what I expected. 
  • Gaina
    Thank you @Matilda and @wilko, I thought this was worth querying as the fact its Atos just made me suspicious for some reason.  I was going to wait til Monday but I'll be requesting it on Friday.  :)
  • leannemich
    leannemich Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    I requested my report a week after my assessment and received it the week after before my decision letter! 
    They give me the points what’s the assessor give me- enhanced rate both components :) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    jim1074 said:
    Don't do anything waste of time after your assessement they will have told all lies about you and you will get o points then you have to tell them you want it looked at because you don't agree with the decision which they will then they don't change the decision then you have to go to the tribunal takes months 
    This is not entirely true! Not everyone has bad reports and most certainly not everyone scores 0 points. Lots of people are awarded PIP. Yes i agree we hear lots of bad stories about people having bad reports. What we almost never read about are the good reports and they are out there. When a person has an award they're happy with they don't have any questions to ask. Therefore we don't hear about them but they are certainly out there.

It's not good to be so negative when a person is about to have their assessment. They're most likely scared enough as it is.

Yes, they do send out a copy of the assessment report before a decision is made IF you live in the UK. Sometimes you'll get some from DWP that will refuse to send it. If this happens, ring again and request it. Hopefully the 2nd person you ask may just agree to send it. It's happened to me, twice.

If you live in Northern Ireland then i don't believe they agree to send it out before a decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Gaina
    jim1074 said:
    This is not entirely true! Not everyone has bad reports and most certainly not everyone scores 0 points. Lots of people are awarded PIP. Yes i agree we hear lots of bad stories about people having bad reports. What we almost never read about are the good reports and they are out there. When a person has an award they're happy with they don't have any questions to ask. Therefore we don't hear about them but they are certainly out there.

It's not good to be so negative when a person is about to have their assessment. They're most likely scared enough as it is.

Yes, they do send out a copy of the assessment report before a decision is made IF you live in the UK. Sometimes you'll get some from DWP that will refuse to send it. If this happens, ring again and request it. Hopefully the 2nd person you ask may just agree to send it. It's happened to me, twice.

If you live in Northern Ireland then i don't believe they agree to send it out before a decision is made.

I'm with you 100% Poppy. I was very stressed out this morning (nothing to do with other anything outside my own anxiety prone brain! ?) but the assessor was really nice, she was a physiotherapist and kept apologising for having to ask seemingly silly questions! I'll write a separate post as I think it's really important to share more positive experiences, as you say. ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Gaina said:

I'm with you 100% Poppy. I was very stressed out this morning (nothing to do with other anything outside my own anxiety prone brain! ?) but the assessor was really nice, she was a physiotherapist and kept apologising for having to ask seemingly silly questions! I'll write a separate post as I think it's really important to share more positive experiences, as you say. ?
    Fingers crossed that the HCP doesn't stab you in the back. I've heard this happen so many times and i don't mean to be negative. Leave it until middle of next week and ring to ask for a copy of that report. This will tell you what the decision is likely to be and whether or not the HCP really was as nice as you thought. Good luck!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Gaina
    Gaina said:

Fingers crossed that the HCP doesn't stab you in the back. I've heard this happen so many times and i don't mean to be negative. Leave it until middle of next week and ring to ask for a copy of that report. This will tell you what the decision is likely to be and whether or not the HCP really was as nice as you thought. Good luck!

Thanks Poppy. ? I always keep in the front of my mind that regardless of who the assessor is, they are subject to targets, be it from the assement company or the DWP and the latter could also completely disregard what she writes and twist it to justify refusing PIP or reducing it significantly - that's why I kept my answers as unambiguous as possible.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.