PIP Descriptor Going Out - Prompting — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Descriptor Going Out - Prompting

Trev121
Trev121 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello,
I already posted the following question, but have not got a reply, yet. I asked a similar question last year, but gather some PIP regulations have changed.

I'm trying to understand PIP properly to get ready to fill in an application form, so would be grateful for any advice - as it's an important issue for me.

I gather there have been some changes in PIP rules lately, so could do with some updated clarity on Prompting.

PIP Descriptor

Going Out

b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant.  4 points

Can anyone please clarify what exactly is meant by Prompting for the above descriptor, "Going Out". 

That is, does the person doing the prompting need to be present, or can it be acceptable to prompt the person in need by phone and/or text?

Thanks

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.