Pip award review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award review

Options
polly45
polly45 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
A ave been sent pip award review form it has usual categories but you have choose if each one has got worse, got better or stayed the same. I am improved in my mobility and will be saying so...therefore I expect to lose the mobility part of my pip ...I just hope to keep the living part for which I get standard payment and not have to go for a f2f....Has anyone else said something had improved on this form ..thanks.

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Normally where any change is notified on a review it will result in a face to face re-assessment.
    It is also likely that when there has been no change you could also have a face to face re-assessment as I did early this year.

As a point of interest why was the DWP not notified by you when you realised that your mobility issues had improved to such an extent that you would no longer be entitled to it? Or is it that the improvement has just happened and coincides with the review form your have just received?
  • polly45
    Options
    The improvement has come on leaps and bounds the last few months and tbh  I was going to inform them but there was a doubt in my mind that the improvement wouldn't  last as still having bad days causing much frustration....thanks for your reply.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is a tricky one, when should you inform DWP,about a change in circumstances, improvement or worsening of your condition. To be honest if your condition is or has got worst over a period of months then it's time to let DWP know about your change. Whereas if you have had or having a prolonged improvement then maybe a consultation with your GP will help you decide on your decision to inform the DWP of your improvement as long as it is going to remain and continue to improve. There will be many who will not inform or let DWP know of any improvement because they don't want to lose their benefit or know they would lose it if they did notified DWP. We have to be honest the benefit system is not a bottomless pit, it is there for those who need it not to be abused or misused .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As your condition has improved in the last few months you should have informed DWP. You could well have an overpayment on your hands now. I've heard this happen before. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • polly45
    Options
    Hi Poppy yes I too have heard of payments to be repaid but as I said earlier when bad days popped up I doubted my recovery so have sat on the fence. I will chance telling them as I am not a dishonest person and I will keep everyone updated. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.