Worried about PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about PIP assessment

daveyboy1
daveyboy1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daveyboy1

Welcome to our online community/family.

I’m so sorry to hear that you “aren’t good”

Please please let us know if there’s anything that we can do to help/support you my friend????
  • daveyboy1
    thank you for your welcome Iam having pip assessment 8 june 18 as Isaid in my first message have file  for all my medical problems heart attack stroke mental health problems need a back operation because of my condition consultant  said he could not do this because of my condition cannot have anasphetic.so tried injections but only worked for ashort while so have to live with constant pain.take pain killers when nessescary but afraid of addiction so only take when desperate.have been receiving dla for anumber of years mobility and careers Iam very worried about assessment Iam also taking anti depressant tablets have been on these for many years to keep me calm as I suffer with stress have seen councelers .Ialso had to be admitted to hospital for same reason just could not cope very distressing for my wife and myself.sorry for going on but trying to get my situation points over any help greatly welcomed thank you for listening
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daveyboy1 and welcome. So very sorry to read of your difficulties. Have you found someone to go to the assessment with you? Sounds to me as if you could use the support.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • daveyboy1
    hello again jennys dad don't know if you received my last message.went for assessment had to go monday after they cancelled the first appointment so had to wait again.the assessment seemed to go ok lots of questions interviewer seemedfriendly enough but as you know you have to be on your guard at all times when we got to the mobililty  question answerd  then to my supprise told me what he had said and asked if it was ok didn't know what to make of it . was that good or bad anyway interview over now have to wait 4 weeks for outcome fingers crossed would like to hear your thought daveyboy1
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    daveyboy1 said:
    hello again jennys dad don't know if you received my last message.went for assessment had to go monday after they cancelled the first appointment so had to wait again.the assessment seemed to go ok lots of questions interviewer seemedfriendly enough but as you know you have to be on your guard at all times when we got to the mobililty  question answerd  then to my supprise told me what he had said and asked if it was ok didn't know what to make of it . was that good or bad anyway interview over now have to wait 4 weeks for outcome fingers crossed would like to hear your thought daveyboy1
    You can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with that report.

There's no time scales to decisions, some have a decision in 2 weeks, while other have to wait 6-8 weeks. It all depends on backlog in your area. Your DLA will continue until a decision is made. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • daveyboy1
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daveyboy1 and yes, I got and responded to your message.
    Hope you are well.
    @JennysDad
  • daveyboy1
    hello jennys dad got the letter yesterday 13 july stillgot caeers but on mobility 8 points so they knocked me down to standard rate so in august got to pay to tax oncar as I have always used my own but they said only have to pay half 97£.bit of a b low but thought about appealing .but the  length of time they take put me off but like to hear your views on subject best wishes daveyboy
  • daveyboy1
    daveyboy1 said:
    hello jennys dad got the letter yesterday 13 july stillgot caeers but on mobility 8 points so they knocked me down to standard rate so in august got to pay to tax oncar as I have always used my own but they said only have to pay half 97£.bit of a b low but thought about appealing .but the  length of time they take put me off but like to hear your views on subject best wishes daveyboy

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.