Finances and extra costs
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

inheritance query

starbuckstarbuck Member Posts: 144 Courageous
edited January 2019 in Finances and extra costs
[post removed by moderator at request of the user]


  • MarkmywordsMarkmywords Member Posts: 421 Pioneering
    You should get professional advice directly.

    If you bought a house then they would still treat it as if you had the money. It would just be in a physical asset.
  • starbuckstarbuck Member Posts: 144 Courageous
    Thanks for the reply. If I had the money left directly to me I would cease to claim the means tested benefits. I realise then that we wouldn't be able to claim them again at any point in the future which is why my mother is so concerned about me having the money and stopping the benefits. 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,327 Disability Gamechanger
    @ Starbuck,Go and get some financial advice on what is the best way to proceed, your parents need to have professional financial advice to ensure that their wishes are carried out the most tax efficient way. I could give an opinion but it is better to get private indepentant financial advice which will cost you or your parents money but it will be well spent for their peace of mind.
  • starbuckstarbuck Member Posts: 144 Courageous
    Will do, thanks :) 
Sign in or join us to comment.