ESA, PIP & BASIC DISABILITY PREMIUM - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA, PIP & BASIC DISABILITY PREMIUM

2»

Comments

• JamesGeorge
    JamesGeorge Community member Posts: 29 Courageous
    @Gill_Scope thanks Gill, it helps as you know more than those who answer the phones. I've come to learn not to trust any of them and simply wait for the brown envelopes as it's only since I received my PIP award that all this confusion came about for me... They texted me asking me to call them ASAP so I panicked at first, I called, a nice chap answered  who explained  that PIP triggers other processes (of which I understand now). He processed a claim (?) on the phone, explained he'd send a form out that I needed to complete and post back. I did but never heard a thing after that. I then had my ESA payments suspended following that  call. When I called to query the back payments  twice, it was then I was given conflicting information. From all the information I have read on the DWP webpage and the help on here, I have deduced that I should be receiving the £16.40 enhanced premium but have given up on the DWP for now as they have now suspended my ESA again. I'm planning a trip to citizens advice  as I cannot cope with the additional stress they are causing me with this stopping and starting as I have had to manage on borrowing in the mean time. Thanks again for your support and persevering with me 
  • JamesGeorge
    I do appreciate your advice.
    however I am not in your situation at all.
    i am married with 3 children ( 2 still at home) and own my own home.
    i only claim Pip on both daily rate & mobility rate and ESA in support group.both are claimed legitimately 
    thankyou for your concern though.

I presumed you were in a similar position to me as you'd originally mentioned there being no need for the DWP to know if the person you live with is not a partner. Glad to hear you're not affected  as I had thought. 
  • JamesGeorge
    After 3 weeks of waiting. Theve said it is voluntary maintenance payments! !.as I thought  there being really unhelpful though and have too write too them and ask for blooming money back .haven't had maintenance of my ex fir 3 years! .and he was paying it from his esa!.nit amused 
    @littleruthie123 wow, it really beggars belief doesn't it. Hope things are sorted for you soon 
  • Jaytbm1
    Jaytbm1 Community member Posts: 72 Pioneering
    JamesGeorge , why have they stopped all ESA payments ? That doesn’t seem right. You were entitled to it but to see if you were entitled to a premium, they stopped it . No wonder people are falling behind with payments . Fingers crossed you get it sorted ASAP
  • JamesGeorge
    Jaytbm1 said:
    JamesGeorge , why have they stopped all ESA payments ? That doesn’t seem right. You were entitled to it but to see if you were entitled to a premium, they stopped it . No wonder people are falling behind with payments . Fingers crossed you get it sorted ASAP
    Thank you @jaybm1 I'm not sure, but when I call them to ask, I get told conflicting messages. Whether or not I am entitled to a premium shouldn't Impact my usual ESA in the interim TThanks again 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    JamesGeorge

This doesn't seem to be getting any better!

As poppy123456 said somewhere above, do make sure that if you think you should be getting income-related ESA, you have made a claim for income-related ESA. 

To do this, you may need an ESA3 claim form. The DWP staff  at the contact centre will send you one, if you phone and tell them you want to clam income-related ESA to top up your contributory ESA. 

Just to  confirm one more thing - "disability income guarantee" is just another term for "enhanced disability premium".

I know; don' t ask!

Gill_Scope

• ESAESA
    ESAESA Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hi, 
    All this gargon is so confusing ..if you receive esa Cb not income related  does it affect you if your sister lives wirh you. I get Hb and Ctax benefit. I informed them she lives with me to help with care. She Don't claim anything. Was Working full time but waiting for new vacancies as contract finished . Im so confused . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    As you've commented on a thread regarding disability premiums then these aren't paid on top of CB based benefits. You'll need an income related top up for these. For the top up it depends on household income but your sisters income if she worked doesn't count. It includes a partner that you live with.

To receive the enhanced disability premium on top of income related you need to be in the support group for ESA. If you're in the WRAG then you need Enhanced daily living PIP or high rate care DLA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.