Had ESA assessment 14 months ago, asked to attend another — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had ESA assessment 14 months ago, asked to attend another

tina1888
tina1888 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
Hi there I had an ESA assessment about 14 months ago I had my pip assessment in Feb.  Now they are asking me to go 4 another ESA  assessment on Wed . Is this normal? Thanx

Comments

• Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @tina1888 When you are given  ESA there is also a recommendation  of when you should be reviewed. In your case I am assuming it was a 12 month review recommendation. In that context it is normal. They can  call you in anytime for an assessment but it is usually near your recommended review date.
  • tina1888
    Awe right thank u... I just get worried anxious.
  • Ripples
    @tina1888 You're welcome.  At least it will be done until next time 
  • tina1888
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi tina1888,

The review periods are set between six months and three years and you can be reassessed at any time between those time periods.
    The DWP are also awarding for PIP for a certain period of time and doing reviews part way through those awards as well. Unfortunately if you claim ESA and/or PIP nowadays the DWP don't leave you alone for long until the next review is due.

Thanks,
    Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• tina1888
  • Dizidoll
    Dizidoll Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi. I had my Esa review just over a year ago and the letter that came a few weeks after my assessment  said my  Esa would continue but it never said how long for. Does anyone know why it never stated a time limit . 
    Thank you 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    This review and assessment process terrifies me. I am currently having to switch from DLA to PIP both of which affect my ESA entitlement. I am only just becoming housebound and am still arguing with the surgery to get put on the "At home appointments" list. If this does not get done I am going to have awful problems getting assessments done at home. With the system known for it's difficulties and for it's outcome so potentially damaging to me if it goes badly, I don't not need all this hassle and problems right now. Especially as I have effectively just lost the use of my legs for anything but the simplest movements and am still trying to come to terms with that outcome.

I hope that things go well for the person who began this post and you get things sorted.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Ripples
    @Dizidoll if you ring up ESA they will tell you  the recommended time before your next review. Alternatively you can ask then for your ESA85a which lists the recommended time before review.
  • tina1888

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.