6th day in bed! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

6th day in bed!

Options
Shlbly
Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
Well I’m on my 6th day in bed now, as just tried to get up and gave in. My neighbour has dropped food round twice in that time, as she is a very busy lady who works and has a family. Not bathed, washed or showered, not sure if I am taking my meds right, unable to dress, hardly eaten, and whenDoctor was contacted Thursday ( not my Dr), she has stated ‘feels unwell’. And all this because I lost my enhanced rate of PIP and couldn’t afford the lady who would come and do all these things for me anymore. Thank you lying Atos assessor once again for making my life hell!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Options
    Spot on  they are all liars that's why they get millions to lie 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Shlbly said:
    Well I’m on my 6th day in bed now, as just tried to get up and gave in. My neighbour has dropped food round twice in that time, as she is a very busy lady who works and has a family. Not bathed, washed or showered, not sure if I am taking my meds right, unable to dress, hardly eaten, and whenDoctor was contacted Thursday ( not my Dr), she has stated ‘feels unwell’. And all this because I lost my enhanced rate of PIP and couldn’t afford the lady who would come and do all these things for me anymore. Thank you lying Atos assessor once again for making my life hell!
    In a way I fully understand where you are coming from.

Ignoring the interim 5 years - in 2013 I was receiving DLA High Mobility & High Care which was indefinitely.
    Today I get nowt! This has meant the loss of my Motability car + a reduction in income of about £140 a week ( Care payment + Guaranteed Pension Credit) + the 100% reduction in the Council Tax Support.

At 70 I always thought that the state would be there to look after us if we need it to.

Yes we now struggle financially but cannot afford to not pay for the people that come to our home to carry out the jobs that we find impossible. Instead we have cut back on other things and now have to eat more sparingly, watch the gas and electric usage more, and cut back on the little treats that we previously enjoyed.

The good side to all of this is that I no longer have to fear the  brown envelopes from the DWP dropping in the letterbox.
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    Shlbly said:
    In a way I fully understand where you are coming from.

Ignoring the interim 5 years - in 2013 I was receiving DLA High Mobility & High Care which was indefinitely.
    Today I get nowt! This has meant the loss of my Motability car + a reduction in income of about £140 a week ( Care payment + Guaranteed Pension Credit) + the 100% reduction in the Council Tax Support.

At 70 I always thought that the state would be there to look after us if we need it to.

Yes we now struggle financially but cannot afford to not pay for the people that come to our home to carry out the jobs that we find impossible. Instead we have cut back on other things and now have to eat more sparingly, watch the gas and electric usage more, and cut back on the little treats that we previously enjoyed.

The good side to all of this is that I no longer have to fear the  brown envelopes from the DWP dropping in the letterbox.
    Totally understand all you are saying there, still fearing the brown envelopes this end though, got one today that was sent on the 11th, reminding me that my 37 page form has got to be back by next Saturday, like I would forget that!!

Brightness