Upset about my face to face next week — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Upset about my face to face next week

Options
paul52
paul52 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone. Just recieved my appointment for face to face next wednesday the person who i needed to come with me cant come too short notice. Also want to record interview but cant find double tape dictaphone anywhere which the say on letter is all i can use. Very upset what can i do

Comments

• paul52
    Options
    Should you not get more  notice
  • paul52
    Options
    Should you not get more  notice
  • Dingbat
    Dingbat Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Hi @paul52 You can phone them and ask for another appointment so that you can get your friend to go with you.  I had to do that as they appointment they originally gave me was no good as my daughter was covering someone at her work for holiday.  The Call Centre are very accommodating with appointments so please phone them.  I am sure they will be able to help you.
  • paul52
    Options
    Thankyou Dingbat. I will see what they say. Not good at talking to these people.
  • Woidnymph
    Woidnymph Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Get a freind to call in ASAP I was asked to change mine by them they offered me a hour and half later it freaked me out as sudden changes I can't cope with they are usually very understanding your freind will know when they are available also if you find it hard to talk to strangers though you may have to wait upto two weeks but that's ok gives your freind time to make arrangements good luck
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Paul52,

Did you get the assessment rescheduled?
  • paul52
    Options
    Yes I did. Its next week.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you do decide to cancel and re-book remember you can only do this once, so think carefully before accepting the next appointment.

As for recording the assessment, you can't use a dictaphone. It has to be a tape or CD recorder and you must record to identical copies, which means you'll need to tape recorders.

You must also get permision before recording any assessment and they will need at least 48 hours notice.

If you decide to record the assessment without permission and they catch you doing this, you risk your assessment being stopped, your file being returned to DWP and the benefit could be refused.

Good luck with the assessment and remember to answer all those questions with as much info as possible. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence so hopefully you sent some in to support your claim. If you didn't then you can try to hand it in on the day of the assessment, if they accept it. Sometimes they will refuse on the day.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck with the assessment and remember to answer all those questions with as much info as possible. 
    It is entirely down to the assessor on how they want the assessment to proceed. Some will actively have a discussion during which time you can explain the difficulties you face. However there are other assessors that actively ask 'closed' questions which only require a yes/no answer to a statement that the assessor may ask - 'do you not agree...……...'
    These assessors generally will not give you time to give a more complete answer as they have already moved on to the next question. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    It is entirely down to the assessor on how they want the assessment to proceed. Some will actively have a discussion during which time you can explain the difficulties you face. However there are other assessors that actively ask 'closed' questions which only require a yes/no answer to a statement that the assessor may ask - 'do you not agree...……...'
    These assessors generally will not give you time to give a more complete answer as they have already moved on to the next question. 
    If you say so.....
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

If you say so.....
    I do.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.