Change from DLA to PIp - awarded enhanced rates — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change from DLA to PIp - awarded enhanced rates

Castleford1
Castleford1 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am my daughter's appointee.  Just received letter today from DWP to say she has been awarded Enhanced on care and mobility. I did send in a lot of supporting evidence which I do believe has helped enormously.  She didn't even have a f2f.  So relieved it's over after waiting for over 2 years for the dreaded brown envelope. We can sit back and relax now.

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    How long is the award for?

• Castleford1
    10 years, until 2028
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations, @Castleford1 on your success! It is really good to hear.
    Warmest best wishes to you and to your daughter,
    @JennysDad
  • Castleford1
    Thank you for your kind words Jennysdad.  I did set out to get what I absolutely knew was my daughters entitlement and would have been prepared to take it to the bitter end, Tribunal etc.  Thankfully this has not been necessary and I'm so relieved it's been sorted.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I am pleased you got the right result.
    That must be a big worry off your mind.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Castleford1
    Thank you and it is a big worry off our minds.  I had dreaded the thought of our Motability car going back but that's okay now.  I do, however, feel for other disabled people who are having to go through this ordeal as I know we have come through it relatively unscathed so if there is any help I can give anyone out there, if possible, let me know.
  • Gaina
    Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Congratulations! I'm glad that stress has been lifted from you now. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Castleford1
    Thank you everyone and Good Luck and best wishes to everyone on this Forum
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Congratulations.

I just hope that my change over (which has only just started) doesn't take 2 years as I was told that if it does not go well I will lose my benefit and my car during the process. Admittedly the car may not be an issue as I am not sure I can continue to drive anyway. I hope that I am worrying for nothing but I can't help it.

Sorry, didn't mean to sidetrack just can't seem to think of anything else at the moment.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Yadnad
    I am my daughter's appointee.  Just received letter today from DWP to say she has been awarded Enhanced on care and mobility. I did send in a lot of supporting evidence which I do believe has helped enormously.  She didn't even have a f2f.  So relieved it's over after waiting for over 2 years for the dreaded brown envelope. We can sit back and relax now.
    Well done!!!

Unfortunately it seems that PIP has two extremes. Those that sail through it and get the right award first time, whilst others have to continually fight the DWP to get anything every couple of years for the rest of their life.

More and more I am reading and hearing that claimants are so worn out with it all and are giving up for the sake of their health.

Personally I just don't understand how there can be these two extremes.
  • Gaina
    edited June 2018
    Yadnad said:
    Well done!!!

Unfortunately it seems that PIP has two extremes. Those that sail through it and get the right award first time, whilst others have to continually fight the DWP to get anything every couple of years for the rest of their life.

More and more I am reading and hearing that claimants are so worn out with it all and are giving up for the sake of their health.

Personally I just don't understand how there can be these two extremes.
    When
     I worked in IT it was known as  PIBCAK error - Pillock Inserted Between Chair And Keyboard. :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    Lovely to hear a fabulous success story ❤️
    Ive just got a fantastic supporting letter from my doctor along with numerous letters from consultants. Fingers crossed that’s enough evidence for them, and I get awarded without a f2f .... fingers crossed! Xx
  • Yadnad

When
     I worked in IT it was known as  PIBCAK error - Pillock Inserted Between Chair And Keyboard. :D
    I like that, it might well come in handy sometime in the future.
  • Gaina
    niknoo said:
    Lovely to hear a fabulous success story ❤️
    Ive just got a fantastic supporting letter from my doctor along with numerous letters from consultants. Fingers crossed that’s enough evidence for them, and I get awarded without a f2f .... fingers crossed! Xx
    Fingers

Fingers crossed for you here, @niknoo ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    @gaina thank you ❤️Xx
  • Castleford1
    Hope all goes well for you niknoo.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    @Gaina much easier to say Operator thrombosis.... the clot on the keyboard, lol!

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.