My Esa has been stopped for the last six weeks — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Esa has been stopped for the last six weeks

Options
jaje
jaje Community member Posts: 3 Listener
My Esa has been stopped for the last six weeks I have had no money and no communication from the DWP. They are trying to force me onto another benefit. I have Rhuematoid Athritis in both knees ankles wrists and shoulders. Has anyone any advice to give me regarding this.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jaje Pleased to meet you welcome.

Understand do not know what the answer is.

Have a look at our benefit advice or a member of our community will know.

Understand the situation problems and might be worth a look at benefits posts and threads.

I am sure any of our community will give you support as all of us have been there.

Hope any of this helps.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    jaje said:
    My Esa has been stopped for the last six weeks I have had no money and no communication from the DWP. They are trying to force me onto another benefit. I have Rhuematoid Athritis in both knees ankles wrists and shoulders. Has anyone any advice to give me regarding this.
    Hi,

Before your ESA stopped did you have a face 2 face assessment? It sounds like you have been found fit for work. Have you asked a Mandatory Reconsideration? (MR) this is where you ask the DWP to look at the decision again and reconsideration their decision. You do this by requesting in a written letter, stating the reasons why you think their decision was wrong to find you fit for work and why you think you should be placed into one of the groups. If you haven't asked for this then you would have likely passed the 28 day deadline in which to do this. However, you do have 13 months to do this providing you have good reason why you didn't ask for the MR within the time frame of 28 days.

There's 2 groups for ESA the WRAG and Support Group. You'll need to decide which group you think you should be in and base your MR letter on this.

If you didn't send in evidence to support your claim then i'd advise you to send it with the MR. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is always on you to make sure it's sent to support a claim.

If you're unsure of what to do then your local CAB or the likes will help you with the process.

What benefits are you claiming in the meantime? JSA or Universal Credit?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jaje
    Options
    Poppy I still have not claimed benefits as I was told if I could hang on for the six weeks it would be better. Do you think this was a wise decision, as I have used what little savings I had and have been helped by my mum. How much longer will I have to wait.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jaje I would like to add you do need to speak some one like CAB or welfare rights. 

Understand being with out benefits have left you financially worse off so I would always contact organisations for some support and help.  Plus need to do speak to some one who can advise as suggested.  All the system is too complex and very intricate and needs some one to advise you.

Just a concerned member of our community.  Who has been there.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • jaje
    Options
    Thanks will make an appointment right away.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.