PIP f2f — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP f2f

Options
jackiej67
jackiej67 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all, this is my first post.

Claimed for PIP in February this year and had my f2f last week.  At the end of the f2f the assessor said 'you will get a decision within 4 weeks and you can appeal it.' Does this mean that she has already decided that I wont get it or am i reading into it too much? Also is it too soon to call dwp and ask for a copy of the assessors report?

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The assessor cannot tell you what the eventual decision is - that is down to the DWP decision maker who will look at all of the evidence, some or most of it unseen by the assessor.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @jackiej67, at my f2f the assessor said numerous time throughout, you can appeal.
    It will depend if your happy enough with the decision.
    You can call and ask for the report to be sent out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Options
    Hi you can't appeal before you put in for a mandatory reconsideration I put mine I n2 months ago and I'm still waiting they never change it then I can appeal another 4 months before I get a date for the tribunal I got o points I got my decision in April I will be lucky to see them before next April no chance of seeing them this year 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No its not too soon to call them yes the decision is made before you walk in the door 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @jackiej67, hello and welcome to the comunity. Jim1047, how can you say or know this? Request a copy of your accessment report and on receiving it this will give you an indication of what your award may be. The acessor sends their report to the decision maker who normally goes what the acessor as awarded you points wise, the length of the award is made by the decision maker reading from your acessmacce report.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes I agree with what you have said is true but what I have said is also true 
  • jackiej67
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.  I called dwp just after my post on here. They didnt sound too impressed that they havent received my report from capita. She even said the assessor hasnt typed it up yet. They have noted my request for copy of PA4 and i will be sent a copy once it has been to dm.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Its not only the DWP that take their time now we know its the 2 of them they are a joke 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    jim1074 said:
    No its not too soon to call them yes the decision is made before you walk in the door 
    Not always but it has been proven that in the past this has actually happened.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    @Yadnad Actually, the assessor is supposed to have, read, and take into consideration all the evidence.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    jackiej67 said:
    Thanks for the replies.  I called dwp just after my post on here. They didnt sound too impressed that they havent received my report from capita. She even said the assessor hasnt typed it up yet. They have noted my request for copy of PA4 and i will be sent a copy once it has been to dm.
    I'm not sure how the person from DWP knew the report wasn't even typed up up, unless they rang the assessment providers to ask that very question, which i highly doubt. The assessment report has got nothing to do with DWP.

Sometimes reports aren't always returned within a couple of days. If yours was chosen for audit then returning it will be delayed because it won't be returned until it's finished being audited. Reports are chosen at random for this process and if chosen there's no timescales to how long it will take. The decision process if this does happen, will of course be delayed. Your report will not be sent out until both copies have been received back at DWP.

Depending on when your assessment was, it maybe worth ringing the assessment providers to ask if it's been sent back. They'll tell you either way. I've had reports delayed twice because of the auditing process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jackiej67
    Options
    A little update. 20 weeks from initial claim and I have received the asessors report form. Some of the descriptor boxes she has ticked are incorrect. For example, for washing & bathing i need assistance to wash body between shoulders and waist, she ticked needs to use aid to wash/bathe.

Looking at the boxes the asessor ticked i will not be awarded pip. Do i wait until i get a decision letter from dwp or call them now to say i dont agree with asessors report?

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @jackiej67,

Glad to hear that you've had some more information about your PIP claim.

Have you had a look at our advice page on appealing a DWP benefits decision? Should you wish to ask for a mandatory reconsideration, you have one calendar month from the date on your decision letter to request one. 

Hope this helps!

Liam
    Liam
  • jackiej67
    Options
    Thanks Liam, I'll take a look. 

Should I just wait for the decision letter first, I may have been awarded more points than the asessor suggests in her report

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.