Hi, my name is Girlhappy! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Girlhappy!

Girlhappy
Girlhappy Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi, My name is Joan, i live in Angus scotland. I'm 54 years old.I have 4 dislocated shin bones, which is very painful.

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @Girlhappy, welcome to the community!

Are you getting support from a medical professional regarding your pain?
  • Girlhappy
    Hi, Lasianscope.No I'm not. I've been to physio, pain clinics etc and they can't help me. the excercises were making my pain worse. so my doc just leaves me to my own devices. some days i can't leave the house because of the pain. now it's gradually going up my legs too. but my doc doesn't give a stuff, and i can't go to another doctor in my practice about it as  i did try seeing another doc about it and refused to discuss my condition with me because i'm under my doc for the condition, so i can't win. My doc keeps telling me that your shin bones don't move, but he forgot to mention that to my shin bones until after they moved.I guess they will wait till my shin bones reach my toes before they do anything.I'm on the work related esa category for over 3 years and not been called into jobcentre for an interview yet. they probably look at my condition and bypass me.lol. Take care.

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @Girlhappy, I'm so sorry to hear that you're not getting support from your GP with this.

Have you considered talking to the Practice Manager about being able to speak one of their other GP's about it?

Or if you feel that you're not happy with your GP surgery at all, have you considered registering at a new one?
  • Girlhappy
    I have considered switching gps, but they are all as bad as each other here. i will just keep my ear open and see if any new docs come. if i don't get any satisfaction the next time i see my doc, i might speak to the practice manager to see if i can switch doctors, after all my information should be on the pc. My doctor thinks i can't come to terms with being in pain. i think after nine years and being in agony every day, i have got so used to being in pain. I just  want him to say, yes you have got dislocated shins and we will get them fixed. i just have to wait for that day to come. 

Brightness