PIP case review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP case review

wits
wits Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello am looking for advice a had letter sayin a have review case how long is the process of this and if condition has got worse can they take u off it ave just bin diagnosed with servere adhd major depression paranoia and all servere lung damage

Comments

• Tarnia
    Tarnia Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Hello @wits.
    A very warm welcome.
    Navigating isn't my strong point as I'm newish here myself. However there is a lot of support and advice available here... I'm sure someone will be in touch soon who will be able to direct you further.
    What i do know from my own, personal experience here, is that your not alone with your worries and confusion.
    I wish you all the best.
    Kindness to all ???
  • wits
    Thank u tarnia means alot ❤❤?
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @wits and a warm welcome to the community. Glad you have found us. Like @Tarnia, I'm no expert on benefits but we do have experts here who will be in touch with you in due course. Can you tell us which benefit it is that is up for review? And in the meanwhile, bear with us.
    Warmest best wishes
    @JennysDad
  • wits
    Thank you mate am on pip as was sectioned two years ago a just ment reaction servere depression ave now bin diagnosed with adhd as well a get servere paranoia as well its all just impacting on me now making me now in big way
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    However, the biggest mistake you can make is to just write “no change” and hope it all goes away. A form full of that will trigger a face to face assessment. 

How does that work? I can understand if you say that there has been a change either for the worse or better there should be a face to face assessment to check on that change and to see how it impacts on the previous points scored. But to tell the DWP that nothing has changed since the last review and award you will also have a face to face?
    Wouldn't the DWP have to show what evidence they hold that suggests a change.
  • sue1965
    sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Please be careful, I had forms sent re the same, filled in myself as it was two pages. I Iost. Still fighting, trying to find someone to help me as I filled in own paperwork CCAC etc were unable to take my case. No matter what get CAC or equivilant to complete and always have someone with you, If possible someone with knowledge!   God bless
  • wits
    Ave sent loads medical evidence and my sister filled forms in as I struggle with reading thanks bless 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I had a PIP review starting last August. Despite worsening condition, I went from 16 points to 0.
  • wits
    How long did the how process take a feel they wil do it to me even tho a have evidence what r your conditions if u dont mind me asking r u appealing 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.