Awarded 4 points on mobility so stand to lose my car — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded 4 points on mobility so stand to lose my car

Options
inum
inum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I to have just had my pip award this morning and have been awarded 4 points on mobility so stand to lose my car Have been on Dla M HR for the last 20 years What a joke just because I am disabled doesn’t mean I am not proud and didn’t want the woman at my assessment see me as a quivering reck I am not surprised that someone who has only just met me can see so much about me ??

Comments

• Tarnia
    Tarnia Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    A warm welcome @inum???
    It saddens me to see so much "extra" "unnecessary" suffering that people have to endure with this whole pip thing... Actually it quite infuriates me. I just don't understand how a system can be so cruel and unfair to so many people, and yet they still get away with it....
    I wish you the strength to appeal and what you need to get through it.
    Kindness always ???
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So sorry to read this, @inum and just wish one didn't see it so often. The system is appalling.
    You need to talk to someone, I think, about the next steps, so I'm going to forward this to 'the folks who can best advise'.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    @JennysDad
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @inum, I'm so sorry to hear about your PIP assessment. Will you be asking for a mandatory reconsideration?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool will generate a mandatory reconsideration letter.
  • inum
    inum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Have done that already thanks
  • sue1965
    sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    You will probably be turned down on you mandatory but don`t give up. Try to find an advise group to help with tribunal. Ask if they will support you and go with you. Whatever happens take (hopefully) a profesional or someone who understands a bit more about law. Please try to keep photocopies of ALL paperwork. God bless

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.