Seeking advise... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Seeking advise...

Options
shocks33
shocks33 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all, new here! Received an esa50 form early december last year. Filled in and sent back early Jan this year. We received the award letter end of January stating that my partner is still in support group and it will only change when he'd get to his pension age next year. And just last month we received another letter asking him for an assessment in few days time. We phoned the dwp up coz we are confused. Anyway, the guy on the other hand said "its only an interview and no physical examination involve as only asking if you are having the right support and right amount of money". Still can't help to worry about it.

Is this norm?? Has anyone experience this kind of thing??

Thanks,
SH

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,054 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    If he's being sent for another assessment then he should have had another ESA50 form to fill in and return, did you he receive one of these?

They can re-assess you at anytime, some are re-assessed at 6 months and others are longer between assessments.

If it is an assessment then it doesn't mean a physical examination will take place. It means they will as questions on your ability to do any type of work and how your conditions affect you daily. More evidence will be needed, so if the form wasn't recieved and returned then i'd advise taking evidence to the assessment with you. Evidence should be relevant to how your conditions affect you daily.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.