I lost my mobility part of pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I lost my mobility part of pip

33Babydoll
33Babydoll Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I lost it but I'm scared to challenge it as I don't want anymore taken off x it's caused me to be 80 pounds short each month it was paying for my car but now I'm having to go bankcrupt as I carnt afford to pay for stuff they look at you like your lying I have fybromalga and depression I have contemplated suicide as I'm getting deeper n deeper in debt . I'm not due to claim again for 2 years but by then god only knows what kind of a mess I will be in citizens advice are helping with debt n I'm in contact with mind and connect but I feel so lost 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @33Babydoll, hello and welcome. You haven't said if you are migrating from DLA to PIP or not.  A lot of people moving between the two benefits are not getting any mobility awards. And about 60% do get awards when and if they appeal. The criteria for mobility issues between the two benefits are different where you qualified under the DLA you don't under the PIP criteria. Every one should or do take a self test of PIP to see how they fair in the point scoring system. Having taken the self test they will know what their chances are of getting an award for care and or mobility. When doing a self test be honest with your self because the answers you submit in your PIP  applecation form will have to be justified at your face to face acessment.
  • 33Babydoll
    I was already getting pip but I added fybro on n then lost mobility but it was the same lady as I had the first time so I felt comfortable with her she asked if I could travel without causing stress I said sometimes n it come back I'd no points for that one but my family go a lot of places with me since the fybro started to get worse n my anxiety got worse but it's soul destroying they make you feel awful for going like your a liar or a scrounger I took proof of adaptations n I don't walk far with my hip 
  • clarabelle
    clarabelle Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Take a proper look at the mobility descriptors - stress isn't the sole criteria. Get some help with the appeal form. It's mind blowing they'd take away your mobility withe condition you have. 
  • 33Babydoll
    Ok thanks I'm frightened I lose it all x it's scary thing the forms a nightmare goner get help with it from connect n mind 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I lost it but I'm scared to challenge it as I don't want anymore taken off x it's caused me to be 80 pounds short each month it was paying for my car but now I'm having to go bankcrupt as I carnt afford to pay 
    You have to owe at least £5000 to be adjudged bankrupt. It will take a long time before you get to that amount - just over 5 years!
    There are other options an IVA or a DRO may help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.