Dwp decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp decision

tina1888
tina1888 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
 I was reading about this and was wondering I get highest rate for care but only got 8 points for mobility. Can anyone tell me how this may affect me? Or do u have to be on highest for both parts?
Thanx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    I don't think it will apply to you will have to be on the highest for both parts 
  • tina1888
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    This is and will be more likely that if you have only got awards of say 3 to 7 years at the moment and getting worse and severely disabled you will be given longer awards with the 10 year or ongoing.

I'm already in this bracket No review for over ten years.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• tina1888
    We should not have to be humiliated in this way. I am waiting for an appeal for the mobility part as my assessor plucked figures from her head and did not listen.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Is this actually suggesting that everybody that is receiving the Enhanced rates for both Mobility & Care will not have to be re-assessed at regular intervals?
    If so would that include those with that level of support who in the past have only been given 3 year awards - reviewed every 2 years?

To be honest I do not believe that what you are reading will actually be put into force. Yes there may well be some that are already on a 10 year award which may be extended after that period based on documents only, but for those that only get 2, 3 or 5 year awards I cannot see the DWP offering to extend those terms under this new guidance.

If it does happen what about those that gave up like I did, fed up of the idea of constant 2 year cycles of re-assessment? 

The devil will be in the detail and no doubt there will be some that would feel cheated that this should have been the case 5 years ago.

And what would this mean to those who can only claim Attendance Allowance. It used to be the case with that benefit years ago that like DLA the vast majority of awardees were given an indefinite award. I have heard first hand (hence why I am not claiming it) that terms of 3 to 5 years is now the norm. This then is putting those claimants in the same category as PIP claimants who generally are awarded short to medium length fixed term awards.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Time will tell, they won't give to much assyy.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Okay I can also understand the frustration surrounding all this I've add a screen shot of what mine states.

I do believe I and many in our situation should be left alone for up to 10 years or more when they full well know we not going to improve, also as I stated  in above post maybe sorter awards that recieve both Enhanced might be okay or recieve a higher award. Until it all become crystal clear know one will know how this is going to pan out.

Seems crazy even to bother keep reviewing when they full well now we ain't getting better.

So I'm worried it maybe have been done as a smokescreen to shut us up. We will have to see. Good luck to one and all.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I will believe things if they happen.
    The problem is things change or takes years to implement.

IC is no more, people got assessed for ESA. Part of that is being replaced, more assessments.
    So give it five years and whatever they said could be replaced by new ideas.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Castleford1
    Castleford1 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    My daughter has just been awarded enhanced PIP for both care and mobility.  Award is for 10 years.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Great news I thought she would
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @Yadnad Enhanced for both and permanent or degenerative condition (MS, Parkinson's). There will be a "light touch" review every 10 years, tho. They haven't said which conditions yet, though.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Waylay said:
    @Yadnad Enhanced for both and permanent or degenerative condition (MS, Parkinson's). There will be a "light touch" review every 10 years, tho. They haven't said which conditions yet, though.
    Exactly and when they do there will be some bright sparks that can come up with other and different conditions that have the same criteria. As I have said before, create a list and the Tribunals will be awash with more appeals along side JR's!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.