help!! Advise for PIP higher tribunal or other ideas! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

help!! Advise for PIP higher tribunal or other ideas!

Options
sue1965
sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
waiting for paperwork from my tribunal, in the hope I have evidence to approach high tribunal. Worried the paperwork will have been `adjusted`.My daughter came with me to tribunal and cried nearly all the way through because of the way I was treated by the judge and doctor! This was the most traumatic thing I have ever had to do, which says a lot with my background. The judge kept saying she had already made her decision from the moment I had entered the room. They kept firing questions at me, then, when I tried to explain that I was getting confused she told me I was constantly contradicting myself. When I told her about my memory issues she stated this had nothing to do with anything! If they were unbiased I dread to think what a biased panel would be like. Can anyone tell me where to go now and how I can get some free help as I lost my car and my enhanced rate of care so am struggling to keep my head above water financially. I have been reading some of the questions posted and my heart goes out to them all. Perhaps the government should go back to hitlers answer to the problem of disabled. sorry I am not being prejudised I really feel that the goverment would like to end the problem of us, and sometimes I wish they would as being disabled is difficult enough without this demeaning process of forms and assessments to try to have some quality of life, being made to feel like a criminal (which is how I felt at my tribunal)  is the reason a lot of people I know have not even tried to fill in forms, let alone fight for any unjust benifit awards. Please help, Thank you and God bless.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Options
    Agree with you entirely that tribunal was a disgrace what the hell were they treating you like that for 
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    How do these people sleep at night.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Finding an error is law is extremely difficult and you need to find someone who knows exactly what they are looking for. The whole process could take well over a year, if successful.

To be honest you maybe better off starting a claim again but even then there's no
    guarantee that you'll be successful, especially after a failed Tribunal.

I do wish you luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any early repeat claim is likely to fail unless there is some more unseen vital evidence. The DWP will simply look at the Tribunal result and say No.

I agree, there is a groundswell of claimants who are now giving up simply because the system is too difficult for them to take onboard.

I'm normally a guy that fights to the end if I believe it is the right thing to do. I do it day and night for others yet I have to admit that PIP has me beat. I have given up after the experience I have endured over the past 5 years. It has even put me off claiming any other welfare benefit including Attendance Allowance. There is very little if anything at all welfare advice, help and assistance. I have gone through 5 years of hell on my own not really knowing what I was doing and just hoping that I had it right.

• sue1965
    Options
    yadnad, please try again for benefits, my mom claimed attendance allowance a few years ago and Im sure it was a lot easier than most benifits
  • Yadnad
    Options
    sue1965 said:
    yadnad, please try again for benefits, my mom claimed attendance allowance a few years ago and Im sure it was a lot easier than most benefits

Claiming it is the easiest bit - I presume it's just another form to fill in giving information on what the difficulties are that I have.
    It's the stress that goes with the regular face to face  assessments - every couple of years or so that you have to have to ensure that I am receiving the right amount of money, Then the appealing of the decision every few years - applying for yet another MR. And all of that for the rest of my life? No thanks

Because of those reasons I gave up with PIP - it was a never ending 24 month cycle of worry, stress, sleepless nights and it didn't do my health problems any favours.

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Does someone know if people over 70 are better off on pip or attendance allowance.
    What if theyr on aa already or on pip already.
    Can they swop?
    What's difference in amount?
    Picking your brain folks
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    I involved my local MP and had a review with the PIP office as Epilepsy (which I have) was highlighted as being one of the disabilities which many Epileptics trying to claim were being refused for. So we’ll see.
  • Yadnad
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Misscleo said:
    Does someone know if people over 70 are better off on pip or attendance allowance.
    What if theyr on aa already or on pip already.
    Can they swop?
    What's difference in amount?
    Picking your brain folks
    To be honest I have no idea other than you cannot claim for any mobility issues that you have - just the care element. 

Better off - I can't see that being the case, I generally spend as much time off than on a disability benefit due to failing to get any points at the assessment every 2 years.
  • sue1965
    Options
    If youre already on PIP I would advise you to stay on it. Attendance allowance is less than PIP, and if you swap you could lose some of care/mobility. Also pension is less as well
  • sue1965
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    sue1965 said:
    yadnad, please try again for benefits, my mom claimed attendance allowance a few years ago and Im sure it was a lot easier than most benefits
    my mom only filled in forms for AAllowance once and theyve never asked her since approx 5/6 years

Claiming it is the easiest bit - I presume it's just another form to fill in giving information on what the difficulties are that I have.
    It's the stress that goes with the regular face to face  assessments - every couple of years or so that you have to have to ensure that I am receiving the right amount of money, Then the appealing of the decision every few years - applying for yet another MR. And all of that for the rest of my life? No thanks

Because of those reasons I gave up with PIP - it was a never ending 24 month cycle of worry, stress, sleepless nights and it didn't do my health problems any favours.

• Yadnad
    Options
    sue1965 said:
    If youre already on PIP I would advise you to stay on it. Attendance allowance is less than PIP, and if you swap you could lose some of care/mobility. Also pension is less as well
    I agree but mainly for the mobility element.
    AA and PIP for the care element is the same provided that you get the same. Low AA = Standard Care, High AA = Enhanced Care.

Claiming AA or PIP does not affect your pension nor does it affect the premiums that come with claiming Pension credit.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.