Higher rate DLA to zero points for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Higher rate DLA to zero points for PIP

Options
Bipolargirl
Bipolargirl Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was in higher rate dla and got zero points on pip as they send promting by phone call didn't count can they do this

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bipolargirl

It’s great to meet you this morning.

We have got lots of info & advice on our site with regards to “pip”

I would be more than happy in helping you with things 

Please please let me know how you feel???? 
  • Bipolargirl
    Bipolargirl Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi @steve51 I'd be grateful for any help
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So sorry to hear this, @Bipolargirl. Are you appealing the decision? If so, this guidance may help you to get started.

https://youtu.be/4sOsiEFo-Ck
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was in higher rate dla and got zero points on pip as they send promting by phone call didn't count can they do this
    Par for the course I am afraid. I too went from DLA High mobility & care to PIP nothing following a face to face assessment. However that was rectified on appeal to Enhanced mobility & care. Then again 2 years later following another face to face assessment it went back to nothing which following a second appeal it went back to Enhanced mobility & care. Another 2 years down the line this happened again with the DWP deciding that I was not entitled to anything.
    This time I had had enough and could no longer justify suffering the stress, anxiety and worry at 70 for the rest of my life every two years. I gave up.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bipolargirl

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

“Yes Yes” I would be more than happy in helping you with this.

We have got some info/advice  on our site which I can point you in the right direction.

There is also a number of “Benefit Advisors” here & I can forward your post???

I would also be very very happy in offering my “help / Support”

Please please let me know how you feel????

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.