Help what I should do with assessor shouting at me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help what I should do with assessor shouting at me

haiych
haiych Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I recently went to my pip assessment and I felt it went horrible 

This assessor was cold and at one point shouted at me

I have asked for the pip report , and recived it, and the report did not reflect my statements and the assessor has lied on it.

So do I compain first or wait for my assessment outcome in two weeks 

I have phoned up pip and they said wait 

Comments

• feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    I would complain, not like the assessor isn't going to have shouted at you by two weeks time. has his assessment lost you points as well by lying?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,363 Disability Gamechanger
    haiych said:

I have asked for the pip report , and recived it, and the report did not reflect my statements and the assessor has lied on it.

So do I compain first or wait for my assessment outcome in two weeks 

I have phoned up pip and they said wait 
    It will be the assessment providers that you will need to complain to and not the DWP.
    Did you score any points in the assessment report? There will boxes with dots next to them that you need to look at for the points. You can use the PIP descriptors to compare them against. If you haven't scored enough points for an award then you'll most likely be refused the PIP because they mostly go with that report. It's very rare they go against it.

Once the decision is made you'll have 1 month to request a Mandatory Reconsideration. You should put this in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points.

Did you send evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent. You can send evidence with the MR request letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • feir
    Do they send your evidence back? I have some consultant letters i could send to support mine (yes putting in a 3rd claim here) but i also need these letters.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Copy and send the copies, never send letter without copying them first

Good luck
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,363 Disability Gamechanger
    feir said:
    Do they send your evidence back? I have some consultant letters i could send to support mine (yes putting in a 3rd claim here) but i also need these letters.
    No they never ever return them, which is why it clearly states to send copies only, always. Make sure you put your NI on everything you send.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • feir
    Thanks both Susan and Poppy. Copies it is.
    And good luck OP.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    haiych said:

Maybe shout back! With the excuse that the assessor may well be deaf  for which shouting/speaking in a loud voice is an accepted consequence.

No seriously, complain to the assessing company instead.
  • haiych
    haiych Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you every one for your advice, I recived the lower rate of pip and happy about that. I know I should of got more points but that assessment would be hard to do again.

Now that I have it, now I will complain against the assessor how rude she was. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.