Adult son's PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adult son's PIP assessment

Options
carriep100
carriep100 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2018 in Start here and say hello!
Hi I have an adult son with ASD dyspraxia and coordination problems , he is quite high functioning but is highly anxious and has suffered with depression, I feel like I have been fighting for his whole life to get him support , he has just been turned down for PIP , he got 0 points , the letter from the FWP summarises the face to face assessment  it reads like someone else’s assessment ! The assessor said he needed no prompting from his mother , she told me to stop prompting at one point asxwas jnterferring . I am absolutely fed up with it 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @carriep100 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what you are going through. Many of community have had this situation. Including myself.

I understand hope you will appeal that the first thing you need to do. Please if I can say that.

Need to do this straight away. Also have at look at our posts and threads on PIP.  For information and advice.

May I add am in my early fifties and still fighting for the last twenty years plus and it is always unfair, unjust and that is why.  You should never give up. I have had my disability since birth and every day is a fight and a struggle constantly.

I would even speak to your local MP. That was a suggestion put to me the other day. If my PIP assessment does not go well.  They want to know what is happening.  Because ATOS and Capita have  mistreated the way they have handled these assessments.

Understand am in your corner and I do know the community be here to help and advise.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • carriep100
    carriep100 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words , I will of course appeal and fight but just don’t know how much fight I have left 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @carriep100 Thank you for kind words but you are important.  As a member of our community

Still I know myself I will be fighting for me and my community.

PIP leaflet got this morning.  With my date for assessment.  All niceties in it lovely and well we all know different.

Says in back of leaflet you are given not happy contact the company. Which probably be ignored but then is it worth as I said trying.  Understand if doing that. Make copies for yourself what ever you send. 

Also need to try to cope who is supporting you just being concerned here.  I know it is hard and not easy but what is the answer.

I will not let this Government beat me and am entitled to what I need to live and survive.

Please take care

Always here to listen

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @carriep100!

I'm so sorry to hear about your assessment experience, and I'm glad to hear that you're appealing. If you haven't already, I'd recommend having a read of Scope's guidance on appealing DWP decisions. Wishing you both all the best, and do keep us updated- many of our community members have been through the process themselves, and will do their best to help.

Brightness