In concluding a PIP face to face assessment....... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In concluding a PIP face to face assessment.......

Yadnad
Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've had a look at the assessors guide for PIP as directed by Mike [removed by moderator] and to be honest it is an eye opener of the first degree

First of all I was looking at this section:

Concluding the face-to-face consultation  
Prior to concluding face-to-face consultations, HPs should give claimants an overview of the findings they have taken from the consultation, including an indication of the fluctuation and variability of function they have recorded. Claimants should be invited to clarify any points and ask any questions they have about the assessment procedure, and ask whether there is anything else they would like to include. The HP should always attempt to respond to any issues or concerns they express. 

I wonder if this is ever offered? I certainly was never asked in the three assessments that I had.

How do you enforce this?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    I can't believe that I believe that has happened to no one 
  • Yadnad
    edited June 2018
    jim1074 said:
    I can't believe that I believe that has happened to no one 
    My assessments concluded with - 'the report will now be sent to the DWP who will make a decision'.
    Never had the offer to go through what the assessor had written and concluded and was never offer the opportunity of commenting on the report by asking the assessor questions.
  • [Deleted User]
    That's right as soon as they got what they wanted they said bye 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Yadnad wrote "How do you enforce this?"

One simple answer YOU CAN'T.

They write the rules and bend them to and break them to suite.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Yadnad
    @Yadnad wrote "How do you enforce this?"

One simple answer YOU CAN'T.

They write the rules and bend them to and break them to suite.

I really do feel for those who need/want a PIP award. So glad I'm out of the loop although the financial side took a massive dip which has caused problems. But you can't have one without the other.
  • shaybo
    shaybo Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    My assesor asked if i wanted to add anything. and if there was any questions i wanted answered. she also said she would be asking for a reveiw in 3 to 5 years as she could not see my condition much improving between that time my f2f was just a couple of days ago so wont hear anything for a while im sure 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Very true @yadnad it's a hard battle to get anything these days from them. I must admit I was lucky in my change over from DLA to PIP no Face to Face ongoing I believe it's about adding the best factual upto date evidence and wording it right.

Hopefully I will get a little peace for now.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• [Deleted User]
    You will hear in2 month
  • Gaina
    Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Mine didn't tell me what she'd written but she did explain where it would go, how long a decision should take and asked me if I could think of anything else I'd like to add (I couldn't). 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    We, you have to be proactive in filling in our PIP forms supplying evidence and ensuring it is of a standard to support your claim. Most don't get asked is there anything else to add either the evidence you we supply is more than enough or by our visual appearance and actual accessment there is or was not any need for further information to be given. But now we know how many of us will say at the end of our accessment, by the way could I just say or had this comment to this or that.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I asked mine to read it back to me after each part and they said we will do it at the end. I asked again at the end and they didn’t read the whole thing back but carried on by telling me what happens next. 
  • Lucysam25
    Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    They turned me down on the mandatory form when I have read the form it's the same wording  as the original  letter I got and the same points so now I am going to go for tribunal  in court's i am curious about what the  judge would say please help
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    You could probably.pointbout that this wasn't done when writing a submission for tribunal appeal.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Point out, sorry. Have a kitten biting my neck.
  • shaybo
    shaybo Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Just an update got the dreded brown letter today  so happy stress all lifted got enchanced on both now i can relax 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.