Universal credit query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit query

Teddylo
Teddylo Community member Posts: 23 Listener
I'm enquiring as to how much I would receive as my area has gone on to this benefit. I was getting ESA contribution but it stopped yesterday after assessment. Im single, own my own home, no mortgage & get standard PIP. I'm still not sure whether to fight the ESA dicision but no nothing about this new benefit entitlements. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Regarding your ESA, if you want to ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you have 28 days to request this.

If you start a claim for UC then you won't ever be able to go back onto ESA. If you claim UC any disability premiums you were receiving on ESA will not be paid on UC.

Single person element for over 35's is £317.82 per month. UC is monthly monthly unlike ESA which is fortnightly. A new claim takes 5-6 weeks before any money will be paid. Your PIP isnt included and will be paid as normal.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Teddylo
    Teddylo Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Thank you for the information. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.