Waiting for Date for Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for Date for Appeal

elbest
elbest Community member Posts: 37 Connected
What has brought me to this forum is the support that you can get from other people's posts as it makes you feel less alone in the emotional fairground ride that awaits you when you go down the appeal route. It is appalling what this is doing to vulnerable people, without this benefit I am stuck in a really bad place with no income at all. I had DLA for 10 years and have an incurable genetic condition plus many other disabilities. I scored 6 points on the daily living and they didn't give me any points for using a dosette box or someone helping with my medication. I also wear hearing aids and got no points for finding it difficult to hear people. I scored four points for mobility even though I use crutches and a wheelchair!
Sorry this is a long post but I am at my wits end with worry and feel more depressed than ever.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.