How long for PIP appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for PIP appeal?

miche77e
miche77e Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there I was just wondering if anyone got any idea how long the PIP appeals are taking in Coventry. I failed my assessment in November and started appealing in January. Is this normal for time or do I need to get in touch with them to make sure they are dealing with it or forgotten about me. Daft question I know

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    You need to contact the court dealing with your appeal and ask how far you are down the list most people are waiting 9 months for a hearing
  • ataloss2018
    ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    The number to ring is on your tribunal paperwork, they'll only give you a estimate on the timescale for the appeal hearing in your area, we were initially told it was 26 weeks and we ended up waiting 46 weeks, every-time we rang they kept extending the time by another few weeks.

Just sit tight and use the time to gather as much evidence to support your appeal.  Good luck.  
  • miche77e
    I don't think I've received the correct paperwork yet, not sure. I don't tend to deal with my stuff, someone else does it because I get confused, forget or don't know how to deal with stuff proberly. sound a bit thick, its just since my surgery i'm never to sure. 

• rtrace
    rtrace Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I appealed for my pip from standard rate mobility to high.. I started my appeal in 14 June 17 and had my appeal last Monday 18 June.. I was awarded high rate but took a year and 4 days.. 
  • miche77e
    I've got a while to go then, I think my appeal went in in January. They certainly like to make you suffer. I feel like just giving up 
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    That is what they want you to do my appeal took 18 months but i won in the end so stick it out
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I am still awaiting my decision but, considering the difficulties others have had, I am wondering how, if I have to appeal, I go about it as I am housebound.

I have no faith in the system and have been badly treated by most of the medical systems because I have a completely unique condition that no one, not even the Pain Clinic, have ever heard of.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.