Dwp work assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp work assessment

markcumbria
markcumbria Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
Ive just been sent I injured my spine a few years ago I could not walk for 5 months I now use a walking aid to help me and I struggle to carry I also lost my job and forced onto universal credit the report was full of non stop lies making out I can walk 200 meters non stop the report fails to mention that my carer was with me the women only seen me walk about 4 meters before I had to stop because of the pain I will be appealing the doctor at the hospital has already said if the severe physio does not work they will have to think about a operation or painkiller injections into my spine

Comments

• pigeon55
    pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
    These assessors write our answers up like a book. A fairy tail. I had exactly the same thing at my assessment. They didn't notice after walking me 30 yrs slowly and holding the door open forevery that I used a stick to walk with untill the physical part of assessment then still said I moved with ease onto the bed. Beats me how some nurses written story is accepted more than a gp or consultants by the dwp. Very degrading for the more qualified medical person.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    If you've been found fit for work, Your next step is to ask for the mandatory reconsideration and you have 28 days to request this. You should put this in writing stating what you disagree with and whether you think you should have LCW or LCWRA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pigeon55
    pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
    Yes I did the mandatory to no avail. My court case is 9th July thanks for the advice anyway.
  • markcumbria
    markcumbria Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    I rang up at 8am today to appeal and told them the report was full of non stop lies and now got to wait 28 days and if I fail that I will take it further to court and keep appealing to the end
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @markcumbria!

So sorry to hear about your outcome. You may find Scope's guidance on appealing DWP decisions useful in helping you to prepare for the next steps. Please do keep us updated and let us know if we can be of assistance.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.